1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR125/144 pipe options

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MotoMarc36, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Does anyone have any comparison info on what the best pipe is for the 12 CR144?? I'm familiar with the companies that make them, but am wondering if anyone has hard facts on which one does what. FMF, Pro Circuit, HGS, Scalvini, are there any more? I'm interested in mid-to-top only, and am not interested in low-end. The stock pipe seems pretty good in that it really revs over peak nicely without signing off abruptly, just wondering if there is MORE
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I'd like to know too. I bought a 11 CR 150 yesterday, but I've been reading up on them for the last few weeks. I don't see a lot of pipe info, but it would be nice to know which pipes are better for low, mid and top end power.
  3. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    I haven't compared the rest on the Husky, but I've owned a lot of bikes and a lot of parts, and I can say without question the Scalvini and RB carb work combo is just insane.....
  4. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...might not be much help but on my 07 WR125 I just got rid of my Pro Circuit pipe/silencer combo because it was too pipey(read: mid-top)..I ride snotty tight woods mostly and P/C is definately not for me.. no low end hit ..the FMF combo I just put on got me the pull I needed down low without excessive clutch work.Maybe the Pro Circuit is what you're looking for.

Best of luck in your search.
    Guscycle
    Zomby woof likes this.
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    So it seems that the FMF pipe is the better low/mid pipe, and the PC is better for top end?

For those who have changed from the stock pipe, is it a few hundred well spent, or is the stock pipe that good? I hear conflicting things on the stocker. Some say it leaves a lot of power on the table, some say it works well. Anybody want to add fuel to that fire? :)
  6. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I put a fatty on my 07 wr125 and noticed a slight increase across the board in power and also it feels like it smoothed the power band out, pulling even off idle to on the pipe.
    I spend most of my time just off idle to mid throttle on tight single tracks in the mountains.
    I'm happy with the results.
    Zomby woof likes this.
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Thanks for the input. Anybody else?
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I don't even know if this is relevent or not, but on my 165, the FMF fatty is a monster in the mid, and has great low end. That's why I went with the PC. Better up top, where I like to ride the bike.
  9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    It's all good info. Thanks.
  10. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I running an FMF fatty from a 2002 CR125 on my 2012 CR/WR 144 and it gives more power everywhere according to my butt-o-meter!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Doma. If you can find one for a husky or any 125 get it. Monster mid where these bikes lack power.
  12. Fredrik Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2st cr125 2014 for the "kids"
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm, honda
    What companies makes a special 144 pipe?
    What is used by them who runs 144/165cc
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Keep reading my friend. In my experience the basics above are true: FMF Gnarly for better low-mid, Fatty for better mid-top, PC for less low, more mid-top. I've only tested on a 144, not 125.
    WB recommends a custom 200SX pipe for the 165 and I would agree, especially with the Lectron/G2 throttle combo. :cheers:
  14. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the Pro Circuit and the Scalvini pipe and can attest that the Scalvini provides notable gains everywhere whereas the Pro Circuit pipe tends to increase the mid and the top. A couple of guys claim that the Scalvini runs even better if you keep the stock silencer but I have yet to try it.
    NCSteve likes this.