1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc cr125 2011 1 1/2 hour race

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wayne, Sep 27, 2013.

1. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

hi all there is a race soon I was going to enter my son in ,it is a 1 1/2 hour beach race my question is will a full tank last that long? we race mx but I have always topped him up between races he is 17 but some bikes in his class are 250fs and a tankfull will last them .if we make a pitstop for fuel he will lose to much time what do you fellas think,
  2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The stock tank should be fine for an hour and a half GP if it is jetted decent.

Later,
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    It will be a nailbiter! By "beachrace" if you mean a wide-open style mx or scrambles track, in deep sand, it will be close. It will depend on his skill level and how wide-open he rides. In deep sand I'm on vapors around the hour mark. I think if you can find a good deal on the WR style tank, it would be peace of mind! I'd go wherever you normally practice and see how it does for 1.5 hours, then factor in the sand and track style. This will give you some idea anyway.
    R-J van Hulst and sabortooth like this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    And a quick pitstop for gas in a 90 min race isnt unusual for anyone with a small tank 2 stroke, sometimes just a liter to cover "what if".
  5. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Make the pit stop---just stop at the hour mark and put at least a 1/2 gallon in. I'm using the stock tank with a Lectron carb and have already figured out that I can get about 1 hour and 15 minutes MAX at a local riding area that has a few sandy sections.

My niece and nephew need about half a tank in their minis for a 1 hour race BUT I put in 3/4 to a full tank because a few lengthy tip overs with gas pouring out the overflow could cost a lot of gas and there is NO WAY that I'm going to let anything under my control end their day/race early.
    MotoMarc36 and sabortooth like this.
  6. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 13 year old son just completed a (1) hour hare scrambles and I was concerned about him running out of gas - judging from the amount of fuel in the tank after the race, I believe he may have gotten another (15) minutes but (30) seems like a stretch.
  7. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

thanks all, yes I thought it might be pushing it abit and there is a local mx sandtrack near to us we use, and it does use lot of gas compared to hardpack tracks , any tips on riding a wet sand beach race ? do radiators block up with sand and overheat the bike ect
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    stockings over rads?