1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR125 powervalve removal

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Robdog, May 3, 2013.

1. Robdog Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM450
    I recently bought a 2010 CR125 that only had 12 hours on it. Last week I bought a 165 kit for it and started installing it yesterday but can't get the powervalves out of the old cylinder. I have undone the grub screw that locks them to the shaft but cannot pull the shaft out. When I turn the shaft I notice that at one point it moves slightly out so have tried to pull it out when it is in this position. I have not been able to move it at all, even with pulling on the screw on the end of the shaft with pliers while standing on the cylinder. Am I missing something here or am I just not strong enough? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey Rob,

The power valve shaft has a flat spot 180 degrees from where the shaft sits when the valves are fully closed. This allows it to slide past the steel pin you see on the rim of the chamber. If it has not been out before it can be caught on some particle or debris from the initial castings. Just outside the chamber where the shaft bolts to the linkage the shaft is machined to a much larger dimension. On the back side of that is where the shaft goes through the seal. Gently pry from both sides with large standard screw drivers when you have the shaft aligned properly. It should pop right out. Be careful as you should not have to put enough pressure to mar the machined surface on the out side of the chamber. This isn't a sealing surface where you are prying but if you get carried away you can affect how the cover seats and fits over the o-ring. Once again use caution and if it still doesn't come out I would take it to your dealer.
  3. Robdog Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM450
    Thanks for the advice, I tried it today and managed to get it out. It did require quite a lot of force to move it at first. I am just waiting for a new gasket for the powervalve cover and then I can finish assembly and try out the 165.

Cheers
    Rob