1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR125 project in Dirt Rider

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Darkside, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    He isn't even using the 144! I suppose there are a couple 125 purists out there but he needs to report to the public how the 144 works. And, if they developed the pipe on the Dyno, why no numbers??

Love the corner bumpstart lol.
  4. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I can't get the link to work
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    125's rule!

My friend Dick got lapped by Jimmy on that 125 in a 1.5 hour GP at Washougal this fall. He couldn't believe he got lapped by a Husky 125, he pokes fun at me for riding them and was on a KTM 150XC at the time.

Later,
    Gotlabs, water racer and wallybean like this.
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Man, a 165 with a smartcarb could just rule the 250 class
    wallybean likes this.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Lots of guys like the way a 125 / 144 revs... The 165 has WAY more useable power, but doesn't have all of the top end the smaller bores do...
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Blake,
    It will be interesting to see if the smart carb and a rev'y pipe gains that top end back.
  9. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I haven't been following the smart carb thread.... But I'd love to try that HGS pipe again with it sealed properly, on both maping modes...
  10. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I think the problem is simply that you are dealing with the same porting as the 125. My next deal is going to be sending my 144 cylinder to Eric Gorr for porting while I install the real WR gearset. :banana:
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Wow Doug,
    What are your goals with that direction? Just curious. I personally don't want more rev's as you know.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt once Kelley is done "testing" my SmartCarb he's sending it to you for testing. My WB165 with the SmartCarb now revs like it did in 125 trim. It's crazy I know but that's how it feels to me. My son always liked my Husky in 125 trim even over it in high compression 144 or WB165. Now he's all over my bike again because of how fast and hard it revs with the SC. Can't wait to read what you and Kelley think.
  13. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Hi Walt,
    I'm looking for more midrange to top end. I really like the better throttle response I get with the CR ignition, I just want more hit from the 144 cylinder.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I would see if FBF would be willing to work on your cylinder. They have ton's of past experience getting the most out of these cylinders. JMO.
  15. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks, but I've had Eric Gorr port my cylinders since the 1980s. I've also got a highly massaged 2001 YZ250 with a YZF450 gearbox and 2007 dual chamber forks. I used to run a heavy flywheel to slow down the MX hit off the bottom but it still took a lot of throttle control in tight sections. I sent him my cylinder which he decked to lower the exhaust port and then relieved the head to return compression back to stock. He also ported the exhaust, transfers and intake. I no longer use a flywheel weight and now it is very smooth off the bottom and transitions into a nice mid range hit. Exactly what I wanted.
    454x likes this.