1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc cr125 scalvini exhaust

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Toofarnorth, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rm85 rm125 kx250 crf50 demon x140
    Right peeps new on here and to the husky world. my son is 15 and racing 125 class so bigbore etc no go at the moment. i see loads of good info for trail riding etc but not so much info about tuning for full on motocross. He's just off an rm125 which we had running real good but was getting older. he loves the husky (its an 2011) but would like to get a wee bit more top end hit/over rev without destroying too much mid power? Anyone tried a scalvini system on a motocross track and was it any good? Sorry about the long winded post. Any other (mx tuning) info would be much appreciated. thanks..and i hope i posted in the correct area.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think DEP makes a top end pipe for these bikes. The Doma is a big bump in power but mainly mid range power. Anything is better than the stock pipe IMHO.
  3. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow, quick response!. Thanks for that. we want to improve mid- top so maybe the doma would be the ticket. Is the carb change from mikuni worth while?
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ran an FMF Fatty on my 125, and it gave a nice top end boost without losing anything in the low or mid.
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I found the fatty gave me a little all around.Why not do head work and run race gas?
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Hgs gives good gains to the mid and up top and takes nothing away at the bottom
    Have dep being sent as of writing and will be testing as soon as it arrives so t will post results straight away
    39mm keihin also adds to the top end better than stock and also keeps the bottom mid about the same as stock
  7. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the help so far. Idacurt, race fuel very difficult to source here in the north of scotland, so thats not really an option for us although i will do some clean up and matching but won't get away with much raise in compression. the airbox etc looks real straight and well designed and v-force reeds all great stuff already. just want to get the best pipe for what were doing. and great keep the suggestions coming. thanks.
  8. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good man! We ran hgs on our rm125 and yes it was the same story. interested in the carb swop too.:)
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Raising compression and running race gas adds low end (lots) but usually caps the top some IMHO. It is a simple and good method to add power though.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree with defeckle I ran the Fatty on my 08 CR and it picked it up everywhere and the bike seemed to pull through the gears quicker too. I took a 52 off the rear so I could keep up LOL.
  11. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have not tried the Scalvini on a 125 yet...but we do stock them and they sure do look FAST!dan
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Tim Troffer has one on his up-tite 167, I rode it but the 167 kit was not working right so hard to say. VERY good looking.
  13. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    For looks the scalvini wins hands down and when your 15 that will give you 2 secs a lap! Haha. so it looks like all the pipes mentioned above give gains then. So whats clear is the stock pipe is not so good obviously made to be an alrounder.I'll wait till johnnyboy tries the dep (that has a ring to it:). I did like the hgs on rm's too. Thanks for the input!!.
  14. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive HGS seems to rev up but no midrange or bottom end. That said my other bike is a TE449 with a full fmf and jd tuner.
  15. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    DEP arrived today so as not to keep you waiting I went testing this afternoon lol
    Firstly did a few laps with the HGS to get a good feel for things then swapped to the DEP
    Firstlyfit and finish is superb so no worries there
    I used the HGS tail pipe as to make a fair comparison (and I dont have a dep one LOL)
    Well what can I say this pipe is a mid and up screamer! simply superb in the upper reaches, I could pick the front up with ease in 4th gear and with the hgs it takes a heafty tug
    Off the bottom the Dep is a tad weaker and in compairing the two pipes the hgs is straighter for longer as it leaves the motor so that would account for the slightly more bottom end from the hgs
    I did have to go in around 1/4 of a turn on the air screw as it was a little lean right off the bottom but that was all the jetting changes ect carried out,this maybe because the temps were so high today
    Overall a cracking choice of pipe for MX but maybe a bit to revy for the H&H/enduro types
    I will give it a more of a testing over the weekend to see if it stays put or gets hung from the rafters lol
    P1000090.JPG P1000090.JPG P1000090.JPG P1000091.JPG
    shawbagga and huskybear like this.
  16. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    And please do not ask how I managed to post so many pics that are the same Oh well back to me beer Hic Hic !!!
  17. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks very much for that info johnnyboy!. Great to here the comparison. that looks sweet too. whos a good bet in the uk for dep then?
  18. Toofarnorth Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cr125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Makes me feell better! Check my posts on the pictures page!!
  19. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I would give Dep a call direct, they are based in Kent
    I will ask a Friend later today if he can get one at a good price as I have to pop over to get some parts for my TM :thumbsup:
    The one I am using was a used item that did 5 minutes work and the bike siezed solid and the poor pipe got the blame LOL, so I got it really really cheap
    Toofarnorth likes this.
  20. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where did you get your sight glass clutch cover ?