1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR144 Fuel Consumption

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by onevette80, May 18, 2023.

1. onevette80 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 300xcw, 2009 yz85, 2011 yzfx110
    I built a '13 CR144 basket case to be a spare bike to my 300xcw.
    Turns out, it's way more fun to ride than the 300!
    Unfortunately, it burns through approx 1.3 gals/hr and we do 2hr hare scrambles.
    Is this normal? Bike runs incredibly!
    I'm not fast enough to give up 30 secs every lap to refuel.

Attached Files:

Dirtdame likes this.
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Check float height and make sure you're not dumping gas out the overflows? Stock tank still or oversize?

My WR with a lectron gets a little better mileage than my Beta 250. WR has a 3 gallon IMS tank and can do 2 hours with plenty left over.
    flyingbob likes this.
  3. HoneyBadgerRy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 CR125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas 00 Xc250
    Just agreeing with the poster above me, check float level. My GasGas used to consume fuel like that (I knew it leaked from the overflow, but was to lazy to fix it (its really hard to take the carb off on that bike). I eventually took it off to change jetting (temperature change) and now both my Gasgas 250 and my Husky 125 sip fuel, I can ride 20 on 20 off MX motos all day on like 1.25 gallons of gas.
    flyingbob likes this.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    lil motors use LOTS of gas w/ big carbs to make big smiles. no free lunch there. Mr. Davis said: "can't fake fast"...gota burn gas to haul ass.
    they also piss like a race horse on some bikes (canted, mounts, etc) according to some complaints. hose re-routes almost sort of work for "some" to save a few ounces in slow, uneven stuff but...meh.....i just pin it and keep going. if it's using fuel in the engine, it aint going out on the ground- if things are to spec. and yer flying. so- no problems there.
    big time caution if you "adjust" your float. TEST it first for needle / seat sealing, then set it to spec + 0.5 - 1mm high to be safe for WFO so you dont squeak it. take an MSR bottle if ya need back up to your over-sized tank. cheaper than a new engine. easier than pushing.
    flyingbob likes this.