1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Crack in bracket for rear brake res/exhaust

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kzoo, Aug 29, 2010.

1. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Well,

After riding my 1st ever Enduro, and getting the ever loving snot kicked outta me, I noticed a crack in the small bracket that holds the rear brake res. (same one that the exhaust bolts too); likely from a log crossing gone wrong.:banghead:

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, did you weld it back together or fab a new bracket?

Thanks in advance!
  2. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, I've had to weld the bracket before.

Yes. it is from smashing the exhaust!
  3. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Thanks. :)

I think there were 1 billion log crossings on the course. I wasn't so good at crossing them when I started.... I got better! :doh:
  4. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

A friend just called me yesterday asking for the number of a local welder to fix just that problem - for the second time on his bike. Unfortunately, the exhaust mounts are a well known weak spot on the bikes. I've had mine rewelded once and it's held for more than a year and many races.
  5. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    Ya, just spent 4 days riding. Went down once on the right side of the bike and dented the pipe some more and noticed a cracked bracket at the end of the day. Time to get the welder out.
  6. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just noticed the same bracket is broken on my 08 WR250 from a couple recent crashes. Do I need to remove anything from the bike before welding this bracket back together, like the CDI box? I have a buddy that's a good welder and he's going to fix it for me, but I don't want to fry anything when he grounds the bike and starts welding. TIA, Brad.
  7. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

The guy that welds my ktm exhaust brackets back on just grounds the frame near the weld. leaves the cdi, gas tank, and everything else on the bike.
  8. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    Hey kzoo, I just heli arced mine after a meeting with a with a log. I did remove the tank for better access but I have a 3.4 gallon tank and of course the brake fluid reservoir and laid a piece of leather over the carb just as a precaution. Can't even tell it was welded.
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine broke last year also.
  10. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

mines broke now too. Other bracket broke last year. Just too many crashes.
  11. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My buddy agrees with you guys, I called him last might and he said he'd just ground it close to the weld and mig it for me no problem. It's a pretty thin piece of metal so hopefully I quit crashing so much so we don't have to fab up a whole new bracket. Thanks, Brad.