1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Cracked carb boot.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Eaglefreek, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    A fellow rider pointed out what he thought was a crack in my carb boot last week when he was looking at my Lectron. I thought it was just a casting line and dismissed it. I took the carb off to adjust the rod and what do you know, there is a crack. Heck, there are 3 of them. One on each side and one at the bottom. They don't appear to be all the way through, yet. It's a 11 WR300 bought as a left over last year. I ride like I have a mangina and don't ride as much as I would like, shouldn't they last longer than this? Is there a better alternative than the Husky part?
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Shoe goo makes a good temporary fix while you're waiting to get a new one
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Mine has cracks also but they seem to be on the surface.
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    You might try coating it with Liquid Tape to seal the cracks.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    I have a 2013 wr 250 and from day 1 it never looked good. My guess is they made a bunch of them years back and just keep on bolting them on new bikes. I will have to check my inside now. It looks horrible on the outside.
  6. Treesmacker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 CR150 "Woods set-up"
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ125
    Same think on our 2010 CR150, it looks like a weather checked tire.
  7. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Well, it's disappointing to hear I'm not the only one with the issue. I'll coat it with something and keep an eye on it. I wish there was an alternative from another manufacturer. I saw a boot on Ebay for a Honda CR250 and in the description, the seller said he tried it on a Husky WR250, but it bend was a little different and the carb hit the cases. I sent him a message and he said he tried one from an ATC 250R also and it didn't work either.
  8. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    My first Husky was a 1979 250 OR. That's it in my profile pic. I remember it had a crack in the carb boot that went all the way through. I discovered it after closing the throttle and pulling in the clutch after a hard acceleration, and instead of idling down, it sucked air in through the crack, and must have drawn fuel through the choke or something because it would idle up. Replaced the boot and never had another problem.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That would be me. The problem finding a new manifold is that the Husky unit goes up then levels off. The Honda ones I tried just sort of go straight out.
  10. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Small world. Thanks for that info. There must be an issue with the composition of the rubber used. I've seen 20 year old bikes without cracks in the boots.
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Rubber failure can be catastrophic.
    454x and lankydoug like this.
  12. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Take the boot off and check it on the inside. Bend it and flex it like it will never see in real-world use. I've seen pleanty of surface cracks that are still airtight. My OEM 76 RD400 boots look like hell but are still airtight. On the other hand, I replace SCADS of skidoo (BRP) and Polaris manifolds that de-laminate from the metal clamping base in a few short years. Rubber quality and the production process ain't what it used to be. Thanks, China and skinflint businessmen.:thumbsdown: