1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Cracked radiators

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sned2502st, Oct 1, 2013.

1. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Yes both of my radiators are cracked in the same place. Top tank, back side, just under the elbow nipple that comes out to the hose. Running braces, and no other mods. Crash damage would have probably been only 1, but this is both sides, same exact place, mirror image. There doesnet seem to be any weight hanging on the nipples. I had to JB weld them to get me thru the weekend, so I cant take a picture, anybody else have this problem? And any suggestions on replacements?
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I replaced my garbage stock rads with Chinese ones on ebay. They are welded and are not bad for the price. They may email you for specifics on your rads so take pictures of them. Mount tabs, inlets, outlets, etc. I've had my rads on for about 40 hours now and knock on wood theyre still holding up great. Dont bother trying to repair your stock ones.
  3. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Yeah thats what I was trying to decide. Fix them or replace them. I had Mylers do my Yamaha radiator that looked like a pretzel and they did a good job. But If I can find the ones you are talking about I might try them. Do you have a link?
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I had one of the Chinese ones and I was very unhappy with how it held up in a crash (not well). I am running a Mylers on that side now, and I will probably replace the other side stock one with a Mylers after this season. They are nice, stout units.
  6. patrickaqefd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf20x
    I am running some Chinese radiators form ebay. So far they seem to be good. They are also a little bigger than the stock radiators (In depth), however my radiator guards fitted up with no problems.
    I think they had GPI written on the box but they were from some people called worley off ebay.
    A couple of things to watch out for. The cap, off the top of my head is rated at 1.1 bar as a opposed to the higher stock rated cap. I haven't changed mine over yet.
    And also if you are running the adr pipe it will be a little tight on the LHS, I had to slightly panel beat part of the bottom of the radiator to make it clear. I only did this because when I looked at the stock radiator someone had done the exact same thing to make it fit. I suspect it's the adr pipe that causes this issue anyway.

This was for my wr300
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I run the older WR hoses with no thermostat also.