1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Crankcase Tourqe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MotoNinja, Feb 1, 2021.

1. MotoNinja Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM freeride 250, Kawasaki Z1000
    Hi,
    Got a 2011 WR 125 that I'm doing a full restoration on.
    I'm done cleaning the crankcase and replacing all oil seals, and worn-out parts but I cannot find in the shop manual the torque specs for the screws that hold the halves of the crankcase together. Could be that my technical English is not that good to understand the torque table at the end of the manual...

Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Usually 6-9 ft lbs
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Those are M6 screws, don't get crazy on them, I usually to about 10NM on them, by feel, I think using a torque wrench (and I have a few) on those small pars is not a good idea, I had an older bike and the PO did over tighten a few bolts, going to trust the torque wrench adjusted to 10NM resulted in wrecked thread, it was already damaged and could probably only take 8NM to say, but in trusting the torque wrench and going until it clicks can be a bad thing. Now I go by feel on the little screws and I don't have any issues.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. MotoNinja Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM freeride 250, Kawasaki Z1000
    Thanks for the answers!
    I was asking as I already tried 9NM with a torque wrench and the screw snapped in the middle (was able to pull it out).
    I have ordered a full set of these screws and will try doing it by feel as Hurky suggested.
  5. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Team Motorex Husqvarna CR125
    They should all be socket cap bolts hex drive I usually tighten them in a specific order and between 8-9nm on the torque wrench setting with a bit of copper grease on the threads