Crossing Cebu via trails

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is my first attempts to cross this island via the walking paths \ trails \ secondary roads that are here ... Google maps s being utilized but it seems to have many shortcommings including cloud cover .. This was a 2 day event as after I found a way, returned with my gf to verify I could remember where I went as it is a spiderweb of trails here...

Starting off in the low lands with a party invite :)
    GEDC0352.JPG

New bulldozed road here for the coal mine at the top of the hill
    GEDC0361.JPG

Start of the climb to the top of the mountain ridgeline ...Just SE of Dapdap
    GEDC0515.JPG

Not sure what this is but there are handmade structs of all sorts all over this place
    GEDC0517.JPG

Level 1 of the climb..
    GEDC0374.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Level 2 ... one more climb after this location
    GEDC0384.JPG

Some of the ST on the way to the top ...
    GEDC0394.JPG

GEDC0397.JPG

Even at this remote altitude. a cross road ..One thing about Cebu, you are never alone
    GEDC0395.JPG

Someone took the time and effort to build a meeting place ... very common around here and at all elevations and locations that I have been at
    GEDC0523.JPG
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's some sweet looking singletrack up there.[IMG]
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is one of the locations both sides of the island can be seen .. my camera just will not take very good shots ...

Iisland of Negros in the distance
    GEDC0525.JPG

Tip of Camotes island in the distance to the left
    GEDC0540.JPG

The home is just sitting out on the tip of the ridge and on solid rock
    GEDC0423.JPG

ST is all over the place going down and crossing the valleys ... actually walking paths
    GEDC0430.JPG

This is one of the many small ridges running off the top ridge line the road was on.
    GEDC0441.JPG
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These pics are of the down hill side ... About 60 CLKS on this ride ... GEDC0429.JPG

GEDC0449.JPG

GEDC0463.JPG

Yep, another welcome sign and another party invitational
    GEDC0467.JPG

Another church along the way ... GEDC0557.JPG
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  6. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Ray ray,Great pictures looks like a great ride.Did you set of from Cebu city? We were there in 2003 and had a fantastic time. It's a bit of a regret that we did'nt make more effort to get onto the trails.
    On a short visit to Boracay we did managed to do some exploring on a KMX 125.
    I hope to go back to Cebu sometime,we still have some friends there.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome stuff. [IMG]
  8. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Look'n good ray-ray I think I'll have to put this place on the bucket list[IMG]
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I launch from the Danao City area, about 15 miles north of Cebu City ... My gf mother is in the heart of Cebu City and I do go there from time to time but the traffic is really bad and if I'm gonna get a traffic ticket, it will come from a city checkpoint most likely ... And I have to put my tags and mirrors back on the bike for sure when going there ... It is cool at the stop lights in the cities as the bikes always filter to the front of the line and its always a drag race at the green light but I'm a providence trail rider guy ...

Boracay looks really small and I bet it was really nice with all the white sand beaches and crystal clear water ... Were there many cars or trucks there or just motorcycles for transportation? ...

2003? You have been away too long!

Here is a couple of pics at the Capital ...

Attached Files:

10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll be honest with you, I ~can't come back to the civilized world after riding here ... Or maybe I should say, the civilized world is OK to visit , but for riding, best to go a little primitive :)
  11. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    I love your improvised kickstand i.e. "long stick" to keep your bike up! I have tried some creative things as well ('09 TXC250) but not that!
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That kickstand is SOP in the PacificNorthWest ... imported to Cebu ... :) ... Downtown is where it is painful without a kickstand ...
  13. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Ha ha! Great pics by the way.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was just poking around riding known roads and took off up that side road at the beginning of the post just to blast up that hill and just kept climbing up and up ...
  15. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

What a cool ride Ray! The single track looks great! Does your wife/girlfriend in the pictures ride too?
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No she is afraid to drive a bike ... I'm hoping in the future to change her idea on that and get her a short, but with some ground clearance, 100 or 125 bike ... They have the underbone models here and unless you are 4' 8" or less, your feet can touch the ground ...

What I gotta do some day with some other riders is just roll down the west side of that ridge and find a path to the west side waters ... that will be cool ...
  17. pablo Husqvarna
    B Class

Boracay was fantastic Ray. Very few trucks or cars just bikes and trikes.Your picture of the capital building brought back some memories my wife and I were married there. We had a reception at the Shangrilla on Mactan island, then flew to Boracay the following day.

My wifes sister and her husband were living in Cebu at the time, and we met some great people there.

My brother in law had a Suzuki DR650 at the time and I really should've borrowed it.

Enjoy the next trip Ray it looks great.