CycleNews online mag this week has a 250F MX shootout and included the TC250.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Wow good news there are 6 brands in the test now!!
    Now my beef, Why dont they ever have downloaded data over here.
    I just finished reading that in moto gp (this was an engineers article) more often than not the riders will say that one map is much faster than another only to proven wrong by all the data (GET or other system). They feel faster because the motor hits harder, but they are turning faster lap times with other maps- where they feeeel slower. Dont tell me how you feel. Tell me how the laps time stack up for each rider, that is really all that counts, 1000hp in dirtbike aint gonna make you go faster than 45hp you can bank on that. I'm not defending the down on power comment because that is a known quantity (MXA said one of the other brands does have less than the TC250R if I remeber correctly). Good news is for 700 bucks you can get a PC or FMF or other or maybe mod the Ak OEM system. They are operating under FIM-EU regs I'm sure that is why the sound is quiet and exhaust feels restrictive, all the tests say that Kaw 250 and 450 are super powers but are very raspy and loud. Just a thought. Oh yea for the 99%ers (us) any one of those machines will win motos week in and week out even at the local pro level. I am super happy to see 6 in the mix, (wish they had a TM in there as well)
    steadydirt, BILLF, oregonsage and 2 others like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Completely agree. MX is about how fast you can lap the track and that should be the end all deciding factor. Time each racer and post the results. How simple is that!
    john01 and BILLF like this.
  4. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Thanks. One of the better writeups on it.
  5. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Husky is the best looking bike by far.
    Big and Husky and ray_ray like this.
  6. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It was kinder on the Husky and did say with a few more HP and a little less weight it would have done better. Funny thing is it's 1 lb heavier than the winner and turns way better. Has more HP up to 8k and is 2-3 less on top. This may sound wierd but I 've never seen a MX track without turns and know from my stop watch my underpowered 2010 TC 250 turned faster lap times on our MX track than my son's KTM 450 that he had (with him riding both). The stop watch led to the sale of that KTM. I agree give us lap times not bike weight with different size fuel tanks.
    ray_ray and water racer like this.
  8. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Only a rank beginner would take magazine advice. If a rider is going to get it together they will find CH- decades- centuries even, of talent and experience on tap.
    ray_ray likes this.