cylindrical foam piece came with my lectron?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by shawbagga, Oct 8, 2014.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hey all I sent my original lectron back to Kevin to get it cut & shut down to newer smaller size(recommend this as it takes like 7mm overall length off & makes it much easier to install plus they clean it all up/service back to new condition-worth the coin!). anyhow when it came back to me there was a small cylindrical piece of foam(size of pinky finger tip maybe) & a small black washer(maybe 10mm) in a separate plastic bag. what are these for anyone know? I got no idea:excuseme:
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    its the baffle its new and go's around the main [jet] down in the bottom of the bowl its for bog control
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I thought that piece was a hard plastic type deal, this is just like air filter foam? was thinkin maybe breather vent filter possibly?
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    not sure about the washer but my lectron came with that installed on a plastic "hat" where the main picks up fuel. perhaps he sent you a spare? is there one installed now?
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ahh mr Nintendo, makes sense, you may well be right. tbh I didn't check if there was one installed but coming direct from lectron im betting there would be. running sweet so not gonna touch it just curious as to what it was for. bit like ikea furniture, left over bits that got no idea where the hell they go!:D
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The foam one is what they used to all come with. The plastic hat is an upgrade and keeps them from sloshing fuel away from the rod under severe conditions to eliminate a possible bog. If it came in a bag the upgraded one is probably installed.
    shawbagga likes this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    have these plastic hats just started being put in have they Kelly? so my 6 month(ish) old lectron wont have one in it already? havnt noticed bog but if they only cheap & don't have one ill get it anyhow for next top end
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just started including them about a month ago.