Darren Smart of Cycle Torque: Video Review of the 2011 Husqvarna TE449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DesertHusky, Feb 15, 2011.

1. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very good review of the 2011 Husqvarna TE449 from another motorcycle media source outside of the US. Damn! This bike is no joke Still waiting on one to get to my dealer!

2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    The word 'fun' keeps coming up.... [IMG]
  3. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice to see a positive review but come on... did you see the terrain? That gentle soft pasture is not a proper test ground for any dirtbike newer than 1972. You could ride a street bike on those trails and still have "fun" as the tester called it.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I kinda thought the same thing.
  5. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

May this video will help with the cynical responds regarding the 2011 449s! Here we go!!!

6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Guys Smarty is a top test rider, he would have pushed the living heck out of the machine. If he said he did some pretty big jumps then they would have been just that. Take cycle torque at face value, I do, and respect their findings as they are always spot on. If he was pleased with it then the aveage husky weekend warrior would be overjoyed. Just sayin.
    Coffee likes this.
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    All I gotta say is details and substance or not, it was obvious he liked the bike. He couldn't wipe the grin off his face. And you can tell by how he rides that he's got chops. They just didn't put much effort into getting more serious action on video.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thank you all for making this site GREAT. It is amazing the difference in civility and thoughtfulness in posting here compared to other sites. It's great we can talk about the merits and issues of bikes here without all the BS. Great job everyone.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It was a cool down & dirty review, filmed on a virgin, fast little track ... Sounded really down-to-earth from a rider and not some glossed over review from a professional script writer ... He repeated numerous times he liked the bike, thought well about riding it, suspension felt good out of the box, and he put it across alot of different terrain that day ... Said also it was not a Husqvarna ;0) also ... like he had rode Huskies in the past ... take it for what it was ... The bike was handling well at ~high speed and no side-to-side stuff happening on the track ...

He should keep it a few more days I think and continue to give those impressions as soon as he pulls off his helmet ... maybe next ride on some mountain side ST ... Trail 294 in GPNF or maybe the west end of Boundary 1 maybe ...
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    His last test bike was a 2010 TE 450, it was a long term bike and he gave it a pretty good balanced view. My interpretation of this video was he liked the new one much better.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like his chain is rattling on the first pass he makes by the camera ... This bike should eliminate the need for a slack chain?

@ the 1:00 mark, is he swatting flies or throwing some sort of Cycle Torque gang sign?
  12. birdman Husqvarna
    A Class

I thought it was a cool report, no BS, he obviously likes it alot and the track looked very nice to ride, it is making me rethink the possibility of getting a 449![IMG]
  13. Hellboy Husqvarna

I rode the 449 and was not impressed. Being new to husky and having only riden my 2010 WR 300 I was expecting alot more, the 300 handles awesome, makes more power everywhere than any other 300. I found the 449 poorly balanced, the rear brake hanging out so far it's ridiculous, the clutch slave stuck on the end of the cover is wrong. I bought a 2010 TC 450 which i feel they should have refined and perfected instead of dumping it for this ill concieved beamer. I think the old 450 makes more and better power especially if they injected it. IMHO
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I rode a TE449, it was indeed different, I did like it. But my heart is still with the TE310 :)

[IMG]

We are trying..
  15. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Agreed!
    I bought my first husky, a TC250, cuz it was cheap and kinda pretty. I found out just how pretty when i got new plastics as decals on it. And that motor was/ is so responsive (i have no other comparison as it was my first dirt bike), compared to my old DRZ.
    Then i got my SMR450 and fell in love - ive only ridden it once then tore it apart to rebuild it, now everytime i go by the garage door i open it and peer in admiring that machine. This site has SO much information, and is so helpful, thank you!
    Coffee likes this.
  16. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Awesome video Desert Husky!