1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Dent in forks

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by billyp10980, Oct 21, 2013.

1. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2009 wr300. Last week I fell must have just caught a rock the wrong way and put a small scratch and ding in the chrome part of the fork below the seal. Is there any forks from any other bikes that fit the wr300? I smoothed the scratch out but every time the fork compresses and the seal passes the dent it leaks. Forks are very expensive so I'm open to suggestions. Are there other model bikes that forks fit the wr300 or are 50mm marzochi it?
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Epoxy the scratch/dent
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    GasGas (I think) and other Husky's of your year will/may have the same 50mm forks.

If it's a scratch then Idacurt's solution is viable but if it's a dent, it may be cheaper to stip the fork apart and take the stanchion (chrome bit) to a repairer to replace and recoat?
  4. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any specific kind of epoxy? Special tricks?
  5. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    No sure what type of epoxy my friend used for the scratch but he did smooth it out with 1000 grit wet sanding paper and it seemed to work fine,no leaks.Not sure about the dent,probably want to go with ohmygewd's advice but it's worth a try while doing the scratch?
    Good luck
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Araldite...JBWeld SteelStik...KneedIT...these products are readily available and if you are going to try and fill in the dent, you want a dremel tool to rough up the dint surface and then add the filler onto it...then 1000 grit wet and dry to even 2000 grit for a smoother surface.
    Disclaimer: I've never filled a dent in stanchion but could work with the key begin that the repair is perfectly round (use an old fork seal as a guide) - either way you want to strip the fork apart (not difficult).