1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Dial-a-jet

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rob578, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Rob,

I have been real curious about them as well. They might be perfect for changing climates/altitudes. I will put one on my christmas list.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I haven't heard of them but it reads like it should work and may be a good option on hard to jet bikes. I may try one on my 08 CR125 Husky. Thanks for the info.
  4. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I forget which mag it was in, Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider but it was talked about in the K*M 250-XC hop up article.

Kinda spendy though
  5. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

They used to advertise a bunch back in the 80's. I didn't know they were still in business.........
    IIRC they used to have street bike kits back then.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I put one on my 99WR250 back in the day. Did not like it. Installation was quirky at best and the parts seemed fragile and cheap. kinda worked but hated trying to make the install air tight and solid for rough off road use. Took it off after a few rides. Maybe it is better now, don't know. That was my limited experience. I'm sure it is still laying around here somewhere in the bowels of my shop. The dial thing to just it lets in air and needed their goofy air filter that was crap and kept falling off and letting unfiltered air in. the whole thing seemed like a leaking mess. Had the install be a lot more solid and tight I might have spent the time to work with it but as i ride mud a lot this simply was not going to hold up.
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Dick's racing uses them all the time. Seems to think they are the poop.
  8. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

Lots of guys use them in Sleds.

Temp difference between AM and PM riding and inside the hood and outside the hood is huge in the sled world. That and the western guys will start at 2000 ft and climb to 11000 is why this company is still around.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    The ThunderJet looks a little better made and I might try one?
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It seems that all it does is provide an extra main metering circuit to give a small percentage say 10% of fuel in a way that you can change it easier than re-jetting the main by adjusting that last 10% and leaving the main 10% lean. If the jetting is optimal I see no way that this could give you a net gain in horsepower. I'd like to see some dyno numbers on this system vs. a properly jetted carb. It does say that it can be adjusted in 5 min. So if you can save time compared to re-jetting your main or changing your needle clip position than that would be a gain of sorts.
  11. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    I actually have one of these on my 04WR250. The previous owner who is a tt.com member had put it on well before I bought (partial trade) it from him a few years back. He is a jetting guru in my opinion, especially with that bike, so needless to say, the bike is literally dialed in jetting wise and runs amazingly crisp. So, yes, while it is a little wishy washy in some respects (especially fitment) as some have pointed out, it actually can work.

I can't say much else beyond that. It just works once dialed in. I run 3200-6500 elevation with my setup on this bike and there are no hiccups anywhere in the power band and starting is 1-2 kicks.