1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc differences in "limited" power engine and "full" power engine for wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kelwar, Jul 6, 2011.

1. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a european spec bike with the limited power engine according to the manual. Just wondering what the differences were between the normal "full" power engine and it are.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  3. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks i will have to check my jetting i know my gearing was 13 48 the manual said it should be 14 50 .....
  4. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello! When i bought my 300 new here in Sweden last year it was equipped with all the stuff that was needed to clear the exhaust emissions and and to get it down in power for a lower insurance cost (i guess). I talked to the bikeshop and they said that with all that crap on it it delivered around 11 horsepower=(!. They changed the airbox, exhaust system and the jetting of course, removed the indicators and rear number plate holder, and fitted all the right stuff that also came with the bike from the factory. That included the "full power kit" with needle and jets. for me that was the "GAY" needle with 3 mainjets and three pilots. it took 2 months and then i changed to the keihin PWK which was the best mod i,ve done i think.

Johnny.
  5. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Check your pipe, do you have a rubber hose attached on lower header pipe. This is near the front wheel on engine side. If so, your pipe is a polution control pipe! If not your dealer has removed the polution control pipe. If you did buy this bike new it should have came with a spares kit (Power up kit) carb slide jets & pipe or did the dealer fit it already? Did you get a spare pipe with the bike? The above jetting speck is for the power up kit, this works with the pipe. Warning, Please be aware if you get this tuning process wrong, it may be fatal for your engine. if you have any doubt, do your research first & or have someone tune your bike for you. I hope I have been of some help

Regards Col
  6. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought the bike new (last years model) I know my bike has been fitted with the "power up kit" at the dealer but I never got a an extra pipe or the signal lights tail light or horn...... wish i would have known at the time I was suppost to get all that stuff because it has to go for an inspection next week to get it road legal and it would have made it to easy lol .... but i would have got rid of it anyways to get nicer looking stuff. But thanks for all the info when I read in the manual mine was the restricted motor I thought maybe it had less compression