Dirt rider TXC 450 review

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by I8AKTM, Jan 21, 2009.

1. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hopefully this isn't old news, but did a quick search for Dirt Rider and turned up nothing...

My son got the latest issue (March) and on the cover it says something about dream rides, and lists the 450 TXC. I thought cool!

The article was written by Karel Kramer. He test rode Glenn Kearney's bike, then raced one prepped by Glenn's mechanic in a GNCC. Good things were said. Overall I think a very nice positive read for someone thinking about their next bike choice.:thumbsup:

Only oddity I found was this snippet: "All five gears are nicely spaced...." :confused: :excuseme: Unless the factory TXC's don't use the 6 speed gearbox? Don't know.

paul
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just got it today, but have not had a chance to read it.

Since it is a discussion about a published article / review - I'll put this thread in the Newsroom.

Main -> Newsroom
  3. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry about that- you'd think as much time as I spend on here I'd know where to post stuff. :)
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Please please please don't worry about it, I'm still sorting out what should go where & why.

You should see some clarification in some forums soon - I've been waiting to see how the site morphs as opposed to creating categories and making up 'strange & convoluted' thread placement rules.

I'm a member of a wide variety of forums and there is some strange forum setups on the internet... If I can't figure out what & where to post without someone getting mad at me it's gotta be tough for the average internet user especially if they are new to forums.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The mags continuously print bad info on huskys because they know little about them. They do not say CRF on the side so it is an odd bike to them.

K
  6. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

To sum it all up, he says:

"The bike is largely stock....Yet it remains a world class off-road racer that impressed the heck out of me."
  7. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe he was so used to riding bikes with a 5 speed gear box, it never dawned on him to click the shifter up one more time :lol:
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:

That's ok Karel, we understand :thumbsup:

EDIT - This was by far the most complementary article I've seen in a while especially coming from a die hard KTM guy. Based on the pics Karel is not a small guy, no need to lower a bike for him:
    Then it lists one of out own sponsors - 7602 as a parts supplier :cheers:
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I was there and saw him riding it, and my guess is that 5th gear was all he wanted. :lol:
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sweet! I'm famous. MTV will probably be doing an episode of "Cribs" on me soon. Ohhhh crap, I better wash the mud off the truck and get all the hay out of the bed so I look pimpin.:busted: