1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Do I gain anything from any aftermkt pipe for the 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Mar 11, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Got an 09 300 and was contemplating a pipe. Just the 300's power is so perfect now that I didn't want to mess it up. I kind of would like more mid and top without losing low end. I was thinking about the gnarly but was told you lose top end. Any recommendations?
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I recommend that you ride the piss out of it , I put a Dep on mine and it wasn't much different.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    For what it's worth, I put a Gnarly on my 250 and it helped the top a lot and made the mid smoother and easier to ride but keeping the same hard pull in the mid. I thought it was worth it but only did it because I smashed the stock pipe, now I'm glad I did.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    The Gnarly pipes are much harder to dent than a stocker that's for sure.
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I agree with troffer88. Ride the shit out of it until it breaks. Then replace it. I have an 09 300 and after I smashed my stock pipe went with the PC system. I love it, but wouldn't spend the change until the stocker is smashed.
    as a side note, i didn't care for the gnarly on my yz250 as it killed the top end. Boosted the low and mid awesome, but top end was crap afterwards. So I went with an FMF Fatty, which was sweet. Sounds like it is different on this bike from other peoples posts, but with that in mind, I got a PC...
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hear good things about Pro Circuit pipes and silencers. If I was going to PC then I would go with the Platinum 2 pipes. Sort of like a FMF Gnarly. Extra Heavy Duty.
  7. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I was satisfied with my stock pipe also, bike ran great and had power everywhere but it was the weakest link and needed to be replaced. I now have the FMF gnarly and the bike seems to have more low-mid power, it seems slightly flat on top though. I'm running the stock silencer with no problems also.
  8. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

The Gnarly fits particularly well on the Husky and has a better, cleaner power band than stock. It is a nice package and strangely, better done than the Gnarly is on bikes like the KTM 250/200.

I also run a DEP that works well on the bottom, but pulls harder and longer on top. Not as well sorted a fit as the Gnarly. I drag raced my bud on his 2011 KTM 300XC with a 6spd. We both had one tooth extra on the CS sprocket and I was running the DEP and a Motorsportz Keihin. The Husky gave up nothing to the KTM. We were surprised.
  9. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Quote "I also run a DEP that works well on the bottom, but pulls harder and longer on top. Not as well sorted a fit as the Gnarly. I drag raced my bud on his 2011 KTM 300XC with a 6spd. We both had one tooth extra on the CS sprocket and I was running the DEP and a Motorsportz Keihin. The Husky gave up nothing to the KTM. We were surprised."

Habitually, the WR300 easy outpull the Katoom... not close on pavement.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Sounds like i would get better money spent on shane watts training course next time he comes to town if i want more speed, lol
    oregonsage, lankydoug and Dirtdame like this.
  11. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

My WR is a 250 and it ran right with his 2011 KTM 300!