Do special parts ECU's have CO1/2/3 locked out?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by bbcmat, Feb 6, 2011.

1. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

I just installed my 8000H2004 Husky special parts ECU / exhaust insert (short DB killer) - with Ibeatv2 I can set TPS value and clear alarm values / read sensors etc BUT I have a com error when trying to read CO values. No problem with standard ECU.

Anyone else experience the same?

MAT
  2. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    What year is your bike. I have 09 te310. I have the special parts ECU too and have no problem adjusting the co values. You only need to move it a little. It is very close to where you should be.
  3. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

09 TE510

What version of Ibeat are you using?

MAT
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You should definitely be able to adjust CO values with the race ECU with either Ibeat V 2.0 or 2.1.
  5. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I have the 2.0. If it is working on the stock ECU it should work on the race ECU. With the bike running when you click on co setting what happens. Do you have the o2 sensor by pased.
  6. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

The error is "read error" - it occurs just after the normal warning message and "OK" is clicked.

I am familiar with Ibeat and this ECU was purchased as final troubleshooting on a no spark / no fuel inject / no crank rpm displayed while cranking problem I'm having.

I'll start another post for that issue - but there definetly looks like something is up with this ECU.

MAT
  7. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Just taking a guess here. Maybe you have a error code. Try checking the history for codes.
  8. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know that my special parts ECU had a lot of error codes before I cleared them. Although it could still set CO settings even with the error codes. Once I cleared them they did not return
  9. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes - I did clear all error codes

The "read error" message occurs in every circumstance. I'm going to put back the stock and test to be sure before returning the dud to my excellent dealer.

MAT
  10. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Let us know if you could adjust your co setting with your stock ECU with out the "read error" message.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This is an incredibly strange situation.

Try to get as much information about this as possible if you don't mind. Any identifiable version/serial number information for the ECU that causing problems.

Does the ECU have your bikes VIN encoded?
  12. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

Rob at Ross Rocker Sales was right on the nose (again LOL) - version 2.01 Ibeat and everything is accessible. The ECU was perfect.

MAT
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I like happy endings. Glad you got it sorted out.