Does the 2012 TE 310 come stock with a 12 hole injector? How to mirror TXC power?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by eramsey, Dec 14, 2011.

1. eramsey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    I have read quite a few posts with conflicting answers. I want to confirm:

1. Does the 2102 TE310 comes stock with the 12 hole injector? If yes I assume it has the upgraded ECU.

2. If not, would ordering the upgraded ECU and 12 hole injector kit make this bike run like the TXC? Or would I need to order the upgrade kits with the silencer and or complete exhaust. From one post I saw there was 3 kits available. a) ECU and injector b) ECU, injector and silencer c) ECU, injector and complete exhaust

3. Would only a new silencer (exhaust) and EFI settings open this bike to run like a TXC?

What do I need to make the TE (need the plate) run like a TXC?

The headers and silencers look very similar on the TXC and TE 310. Don`t have a parts list so cant tell for sure. However biggest difference would most likely be in the silencer.

The TXC engine and transmission specs are exactly the same, including the D45 EFI. As the TXC is sold for closed circuit competition the free flowing exhaust and EFI settings to match would be the obvious differences as they do not need to be regulated for emissions.

Just want to know how much or how little work would be needed to get the TE310 to run exactly like the TXC. Is the EFI the same ? Are the headers the same ? What is different. Thanks for your help.
  2. eramsey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Ok so I may be able to answer part of my own question after finding this article from mototrcycle.com

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2012-husqvarna-lineup-review-91133.html

It states:
    TXC/WR Cross Country – TXC250, TXC310, TXC511, WR125, WR250, WR300
    Husqvarna’s line of enduros mimics that of the TE dual-sport range, minus a 449cc version, with nearly identical mechanical specifications. A key distinction is the use of a 12-hole fuel injector and a different ECU and tuning from the TE’s 4-hole injector and EPA-compliant mapping. “It takes over where the TE has to leave off,” explained Corey Eastman, Husky’s Marketing Manager

So the remaining key question may be with the difference in the exhaust. Is it header, silencer or both that needs to be changed? If lucky maybe just an ECU with 12 hole injector will get the job done.

If anybody who has access to the parts fiche can check on the 2012 TE310 and TXC310 exhaust part numbers to see if there is any differences for the header and silencer. We then should be able to determine exactly what needs to be bought for the correct upgrade. Many thanks.
  3. ronronnj Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    TXC 250
    Why didn't you just buy a TXC 310. I have one and it has a plate on it.
  4. eramsey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Getting a plate for CA is potentially more difficult from my understanding. Anyone know if there is an online site that provides part numbers for the 2012 bikes ?
  5. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    I haven't seen 2012 fiche online anywhere yet. You're going to have to call a dealership like Halls or Motoxotica.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

4 port is Yellow...take a look.

Don't trust what you read.