DR TC449 impressions...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds promising. Again, they noted the weight. A little concerning where they mentioned the front wheel tucking in corners. Regardless, media reviews mean very little to me but I know Husky would like some good press.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well that one sounds a little more positive than the other review. Makes it sound like the power is there, but so is the weight. hmmm?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sound like the front spring rates are a little soft for us Americans :D

As for weight, not surprised. Husky has always been husky and really don't build a no holds barred MX bike. I had no doubt this bike would weigh more that your standard CRF/RMZ/KXF and they have no E-start. Lets also remember this is a fist year effort. With a battery-less EFI, some weight reduction and refinements this might end up being a very good MX bike. The CRF has had many years of refinement and weight reduction. Carved out bolt heads, thin plastic, Ti, etc could in the near future make the weight similar. Time will tell. This does not matter to me personally for my use.

Read a lot in there that I liked though. :thumbsup:
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CRF 450 also has only 4 small bots and springs on its clutch pressure plate!
    Makes about as much sense as getting a tatoo at a carnival!
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The weight is a little heavy but in another article they listed the Honda 450 at 237, Kaw 450 at 250, KTM at 251, Yam 450 at 248. All these weights are with gas/wet weights. This is why I like the 250's if it has to be a 4-stroke. Plus I can't use all the power the 450's put out. I think the Husky 450 will be in line when it all said and done.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the battery and cables will add 4-5 pounds which the others do not have.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    nothing cubic $$$ and bunch of Ti fasteners and well placed Magnesium can't cure. I am sure when race teams get a hold of this thing it will be at or near min weight per regulations.

As an example the Josh Coppins Aprilia (according to the lead engineer) is the second lightest bike behind the Martin Honda on the MX1 grid. Lots of Euros in that GP machine = light weight.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    like any oem machine this is just another new one that strays from the standard MX bike config. With time and money it will be competitive. Its not revolutionary but it is a little different. Any MX machine that is from a top level team has suspension and motor that no privateer has. Take the TC449 and do a full hot rod motor job, piston, cams porting, specail coatings, lightened crank etc etc ,,,, add a maxxed out FI system, and KYB A-Kit or up futher on the scale a KYB works suspension , the bike is a production bike. It can cost us 8k and hear its not quite light enough etc or if you want hear that the bike is a MXGP ready machine it will cost what 30k maybe as high as 50k.
  10. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree with Kelly and Robert's take. For me -- I do ZERO moto -- I always read the evaluation of an MX bike with an eye towards what it will be like off road. Like Kelly said -- there is a lot to like. Stability, smooth power, ease of maintenace. I can't wait to read reviews of these bikes in those environments. Better yet -- I'd rather ride the bike and evaluate it myself.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    when mine arrives your more than welcome to swing a leg over it. :thumbsup:
  12. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

There have been som swedish testriders on the same launch. They had a realy different oppinion of the bike. One of the Swedish testrider have been on a high level in motocross and enduro.
    And hi was very impressed.

And there was som of the american journalists that was mostly interested of testing the bar. And was loaded, and had a hevy hangover on one of the testsessions. It was one of the big mags.

I just wonder if it was the bike that feeling hevy or.....:banghead:

Not so competent and serius journalists i think:thumbsdown:

/Klas
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Goofy drunk Americans. :D
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That freakin' bar/club where the meeting base is, is super nice. Very easy to get caught up in the festivities................Its summer time on the Adriatic coast........

http://www.calamarastyle.com/
  15. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

He did´t bother ride all test he had to hevy hangover. He couldent ride it.

= crapy report

One of the journalists had a coment to Bartolini (testingchief) that still compet in Italian championchip. And told him that it was a little bit tame. (smartass):banghead:

Bartolini is 42 years old and have competet in Worldchampionship MX1 for several years.

Hi answerd him i was 6 th in italian championship with that bike. Tame, hi didnt think it was tame.

/Klas
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Come on now! Spill the beans...do tell! We want details...Bro...details and lots of them.

David

17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW just got a snippet of info from someone who rode one and it was thumbs up. Fun to ride, works well. Off road racer. My guess is it will be like the Berg, but sexier, turns better, more fun to ride and sexy.

and...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/135/76...irst-Ride.aspx

"the TC’s smooth, roll-on delivery is most like the KTM 450 SX-F. It actually worked very well at the track we were riding." So I guess the motor sucks :D

"The rear end tracked extremely well through faster, rougher sections, as well as the long, choppy sweeper." Yummy.

"stability being one of its best characteristics"

"Husky claims 238 pounds, but the TC definitely feels like more." Not surprised.

"the final product looks to be better than many hoped" :applause:
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That sounds pretty good. My friend just got a new 2011 Kaw 450F and it felt like a tank with a light switch throttle. The Husky sure looks better in the pics. and I think it's going to be a sweet bike.
  19. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I read in the Exotics page on TT the usual KTM style Husky bagging. I am getting pretty disapointed with the BS circulating on a bike that no Joe Paluka has yet to ride. We must be getting them all pretty worried Huh.