1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

DRAIN BOLT STUCK AND ROUNDED NEED HELP

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Owen Gilbert, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Owen Gilbert Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250
    my friend has a 07 yz250 ( i know it's not husky but i need urgent help) and his drain bolt is rounded and stuck, we have tried vice grips, filing the sides flat but it wont move someone help!!!
  2. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Filing the sides flat should work.. Maybe add a bit of heat around the case. Give the bolt a few taps while putting pressure on the bolt with a wrench.
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i use a pipe wrench the type that tightens up as you put pressure on it but make sure youve got another to replace it, heat gental tap with hammer, hang on it.

very last resort drill it bit by bit making hole larger keep as central as poss, pick all the plug thread out and with any luck you can put a new bolt in, or if you fancy a proper ball ache, split the cases helicoil and make sure of clearance wither way it would be easyer to tip bike upside down to drain an re fill with correct amount of oil... sell it quick
  4. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    First thing I always do with a stuck bolt is squirt some Kroil on it and let it sit for an hour. For an overhead application like a drain bolt, Aero Kroil spray would work well.
  5. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    If its too far gone weld a nut over the bolt and screw the bolt using the nut. The heat from the welding will loosen it up nicely. It worked a treat for me on my LANDCRUISER transfer case when it rounded off.
    Mike-AK likes this.