Dual sporting a 010 TC250

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe macro-dual sporting might have been a more accurate title .. Seems living on an island sort of shrinks most things down in size ...

Anyway, here's how my 010 TC250 Husky MX racers acquire hrs here on about any trial ride I do here ... I'm on the east coast of the island so I gotta head westward to get any real dirt action ... A national hiway surrounds the island and I'm just about gonna hit it every-time as a feeder to the next level of dirt-riding ...

Keep in mind I'm riding a stock-geared (13\50) TC250 bike ... About 30MPH is about tops on the hardtop for me and you can see I have no problem keeping up with most traffic I encounter in my local area. I've very aware these are dirt bikes and not street machines so I try hard not to waste too much rubber or hardware on the opposite side of the spectrum where these Huskies should live.

--

These were put on for a friend that comes over ... They work AOK and you can kick the bike over without hitting them but I'm not recommending this for everyone ... They do make for alot of interesting possibilities here, in the mountains though. I see alot of people who might would accept a ride but they and see no pegs :(
    100_0495.JPG

Short National Hiway ride heading south..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk2WAG9lw2s
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is Basak and the water park there ...I'm heading out towards Mulao and take a right off the hardtop and really just flank the road and ride the dirt a few miles before I have to hit more hardtop riding ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2dAP8bkVeM
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This one is a little longer but gives a ~good view of the every day life and riding here ... I like to stop at that last place on this VID and buy a little gas or some drinks ... It was quite a little show there today for me to see ... The locals are always watching foreigners and it is just as much fun to watch them also.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTHuH9ED4AE
    duggoey, john01 and BILLF like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a little more hardtop riding ... This shows another aspect of these bikes I like and that's the engine cooling ... Not sure what temp range these bikes operate in, but seems low enough to me that the bike does not run hot very easily, here or on the slower trails ... Ten minutes here of idling along with one short moment at the mid point where I hit a little dirt ... Even when I stopped for the grub, never felt the engine heat or smelled any engine-heated aroma.

This close quarters riding also puts the spot-light on bar width ... Those bars are ~31.5" wide ... And they feel ok on the trails and here.... But the 2nd TC I have has 30" bars ... makes the bike feel much much narrower... Might be too narrow for many as it does change the entire attitude (and feel) of the bike when sitting and riding. Makes it feel like a much smaller sized bike like maybe a 85cc bike or something. Maybe even feels like a SX bike?

This is the local crowd going to a Christmas party given by the Mitsumi Company here for its employees and guests ... Mitsumi hires 19 yr olds and up ... And this party is at the Cebu Technical College grounds ... Not sure what the college age is here but it is college. A very high percentage of all that 2-legged action going on there is very 'available'.

You can see the paint job of some of the jeepneys is pretty cool looking ... And everyone sort of meshes together out there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duxieZuY1GM