1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Ducati Energia Ignition Advantages ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by topari, Dec 14, 2010.

1. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can someone in simple terms explain what the benefits of this new presumably CDI offers ?
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Multiple ignition maps? Can they also be programed?
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    In Cycle torque ? free OZ mag they have reviewed the 2011 wrs and they say it gives 2hp and 4nm extra over the 2010 model
    it smooths out the power and yet gives more down low - 4nm apparently
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Any time you have a digital CDI it is programmable. The question is whether Husky has included a dual map switch or made a program for programing the cdi available. I am sure that we will learn more once they are available. At the very least you should be able to buy aftermarket programmable cdi units like JD. I know I like the second map currently on the JD controller. It definitely calms the power delivery down. The current maps aren't even maximized for that and I will be sending it in for an even tamer second map.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    The new Ducati ignition is Digital CDI, the old ignitions are Analog. On my '09 the spark is weak you can't even see it in the daylight. I'm convinced that causes part of the starting issues some people have.

Who do you send the JD to? I have one for the 300 just waiting until I can get a '11 stator to try it out