Dump truck fun after Typhoon Quinta

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I went on my 08 WR250 to see how the countryside held up after the typhoon Quinta passed ... It rained from ~11PM till 4AM the next day so I thought flooding would be big ... I either missed the flooding because I went out too late (11AM) or somehow the flood just did not happen as I expected it to happen ...

In any event, this was about all I saw ... The river was up some but I've seen it higher without a typhoon ...

The Filipinos never cease to amaze and entertain me each day and if you watch the videos of the guys crossing that river and loading the trucks, you might get a sense of what I mean ..

Down by the river watching the action ...
    101_1113.JPG

That slide area on the upper left hillside is the road above the river and where I shot the first movies from.
    101_1114.JPG

Dump truck fun~~
    101_1117.JPG

This type road is very common here ... Semi-vertical, round smooth embedded rocks with some mud ... Very slick when wet .. With one of the 4t machines I have ...twist the throttle, run 1 gear high and feather the clutch to keep traction ... I'll try something like that on the 2t machine ...
    101_1119.JPG

More scoops and refreshments (Tuba(coconut wine)) ... I gave tuba up here petty much after my first yr ... Its just too raw for me ... I can stomach the taste but its just too fresh for me. This guy was my guide also as they kept trying to get me to ride over ...
    101_1120.JPG

101_1122.JPG

Driver on top of the truck ...
    101_1126.JPG

I was really happy no injuries were reported as far as I know ...
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a few videos from my Kodak Playsport and helmet cam ...

3. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    I sometimes miss the aftermath of a good Baguio (typhoon). You were always destined to see something interesting following one. I remember we had a signal 4 rip through Ilocos Norte back in '04. The following day a bunch of Narra (a valuable hardwood found in the mountains that is illegal to harvest) had washed up on the beach and man it was a cutting frenzy! Good times.

It's nice to see you on a real (valve-less) bike ray_ray. :thumbsup:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Valve-less is pleasure ..pure pleasure from the moment I jump down on the kicker (forget that girly push-down) with a hand full of throttle (yea baby) to start the engine till the ride is over for the day ... I'm not sure why but I feel safer on a 2t than a 4t ...

These weather things are just mother-nature ... She takes care of herself and us as needed ... Just don't turn your back on her and don't fool around with her too much in the wrong manner ... She is a friend most of the time and adds life to life its' self ...

--

Yep, finding some wood like that would be like finding gold :) ...The locals love that kind of thing ... Its like sent from heaven to them ...

The rains here always change the trails and roads here to some degree and it is always interesting to see the new look of an area when I go back to it after a few weeks and some big rains ... Gotta be careful as no guarantee the road even exists anymore sometimes ..
  5. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    I can only imagine! :eek:
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the other side of the coin of a washed out road... Progress ... and its an election yr here and votes are needed so the providences are getting alot of attention in the form of concrete ... Its very needed here as these guys have an awful time on their small bikes in the mountains providing taxi service ... They always fix the gnarled out spots first ...

GEDC2916.JPG

Dozing a road is OK but it will take several yrs before that concrete breaks up and dirt and rocks come to the top again ...
  7. siaknijustin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 GasGas EC300
    I remember trying to help push tricycles up stuff like that.