Dynojet Bluetooth Gateway... what's the interest level?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, May 22, 2013.

?

Would you want a blue tooth enabled app to interface your PCV and if so at what price level?

No Thanks 1 vote(s) 12.5%
Yes please -$40-$100 4 vote(s) 50.0%
Yes please - $100-$150 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Yes please - $150-$200 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No thanks if over $200 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    In my conversations with the good people at Dynojet and discussing using a smart phone to edit and program the thing which would be very cool the way it would happen is with an app and a blue tooth gateway. Right now this does not exist but is being considered. Just trying to judge the interest level and what something like this might be worth to you. If you have interest let me know and what price range would be tolerable for you.

Display PCV channels:
    • RPM

• TPS

• Fuel change (value in cell of the map)

• Gear position (if connected)

• Temperature (if connected)

• AFR

o This channel is only available if the customer has the Autotune kit added to the network

o Could have up to 2 AFR channels

Log all these channels:
    • Save this log and export

• Playback log on device

Send map to device;
    • Save map locally to device

• Future be able to retrieve map from a mydynojet.com cloud and send back to mydynojet.com cloud

Adjust map:
    • Broad global changes, similar to LCD unit

o Adjust LOW – MID – HIGH ranges of the RPM (all throttle positions)

o +/- 20% change with slider bars

thanks
    Kelly
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    ...and during a race "Pardon me, but could you please not pass me while I set my pc5 for optimal efficiency on my Android"...
    oregonsage likes this.
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I wish someone would make a Bluetooth device that would plug into the iBeat connector and have an app that would do the same thing for the Mikuni injection.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There are several 'modules' that dynojet already makes. Would this be another module to stuff onto the bike? Or would the bluetooth hardware be incorporated into the PCV (Possibly PC VI?) or the auto tune module?
  5. Dyno Dan Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    At this point it would be an "add-on" module.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I would like to see a traction control module added. It would sell better than blue tooth control. Bazzaz has one already, why doesn't the powercomander???
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not sure why you would want that int he dirt. I often times use spinning the rear wheels to place my bike in a corner etc. I don't think i would like traction control off road. Ont he street in the wet is where i would love it but on a big fast street bike.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Then I would assume it would be well past $200...

While I could see a need for it in certain circumstances such as racing, I would never use it. At least they realize that bluetooth would be far more practical than wifi.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It works so well in the dirt that the AMA has deemed it illegal for racing. But those of us who don't race could really use it. Because it is electronic, you could switch it off when you wanted to power slide/turn or leave it running when you needed maximum traction.
  10. michaelyogi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE 310, '14 FE 250
    Great idea for those of us in the mountains. Easier to adjust those 0 and 2% fuel cells. I'd carry a smart phone for that. Beside this is 2013... catch up with the rest of the tech world.
    Heck, I'd be satisified with the USB/mini connection. Anything...
  11. chris1261 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada
    Not sure I see lots of value in bluetooth enabling a Power Commander. Even in a racing scenario, how hard is it to plug a usb cable in when the bike pits? and using your phone as a diag device while servicing a race bike is insane. "Let me richen it up at 4500 rpm... " and the phone rings. if time is critical, you have a vertical application running on a dedicated device.

Now, for non-racing applications, it's a definite maybe. I can see that being able to tune the bike to different altitude/weather is handy, but isn't that what auto-tune is for? add the fact that installing bluetooth will open up a new attack vector, and it doesn't seem worth it. I'm sure that some Evil Hacker (tm) would find it "intellectually stimulating" to break into one of these things. All you need is to be standing at a stoplight and have some guy next to you lean the motor out before the light turns green.

Count me out.

--Chris
    Tinken likes this.