Eddieville 6 hour team race

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Mar 4, 2013.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I had a blast at the 6 hour event yesterday.
    I'd never done any of these timed events before, but I now see why they're so popular.

We did a 2 man team with me on the cr165 and my buddy Brian on his yz250. Brian was having issues (lost the chain followed by 2 flat rears), so we parked that and took turns on the Husky. The little Husky logged 5 hrs of riding yesterday and never missed a beat.

I saw a few other Husky guys out there. Anyone from this site?

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah, those are big fun. My buddy Jason and i used to hit those. Good times. 2 man 6 hours races are perfect. you get lots of riding and lots of rest so you can pin it again next time it is your turn.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Yes the 2 310s and my 511 were a BMP team. Two 50+ year olds and a 38 ...they got 2 nd 30 expert team.

I noticed pics of a 2 stroke Husky, must have been you guys.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I saw you guys throughout the day and even parked by your pits while waiting for my team mate, but never seemed to have any free time (between doing laps, fixing chains and replacing tubes) to come mingle. We got 2nd in our class too and most likely would have won it without the bike issues that cost us at least a lap. Oh well... still had a friggin blast!

The 165 was awesome out there, but I was certainly getting pulled hard by the 450's. I could make quick passes on the less skilled 450 pilots, but when I caught a guy close to my speed it was a freaking battle. I'd make up time in the rough sections and corners only to get walked on in the straights. Next time I'm bringing the YZ285 and making life easier on myself!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Hard to beat a 450F out there as it is so open.
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    The TXC511 LOVES Eddieville :-) Eats 450s for snacks
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Great video makes all us want to hit the track,Bryon and i wathced most all of it after work !great passing!!woo hoo!!!
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP

Stop letting off the gas to shift on the long straights... it's a 125 it will take it. Charge deeper into the corners, and carry more momentum through the turns. Roll the outsides to keep that engine singing and stay out of the main line as much as possible even if it is 6" off the main line. You are slowing down at the same point joe dirt on his poor handling 450 did after he rolled on the throttle for .2 seconds halfway down the straightaway. :busted: Use those killer brakes and handling to your advantage. Don't get sucked into playing the straightaway game, win the corner game. When you do that the straightaways take care of themselves. You are a little bit heavier than me but I know that 165 has way more power than my 125, I have ridden it. :notworthy:

Ben B and I teamed up for this race in 2011, he was on his 450 Yamaha and I was on my 125. He ended up having slower lap times than I did, and kept letting the team we were battling with pass him. I would then catch them and pass them back, it was a great battle. It ended up that I let them pass for the win, in the pits... I didn't know Ben was going to leave me out there 4 laps straight while he was out taking photos and I didn't fill my bike before I left. I had 2 laps on the tank already and knew 6 laps on a 125 that was pinned most of the time was not going to end well. I pitted and gassed up while the team we were battling with rolled by waving. Poor communication on our part cost us the race win, we ended up 2nd in 30ex and 6th overall. Thanks for giving me a reason to re watch that race footage, it was a pretty epic day. Always fill your tank before you go out!

Later,
    pvduke likes this.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    aweseome. how demoralizing is it when yer on a big bore and some dood on a tiddler screams by ya....been on both ends of that one! mreeeeep!
    oregonsage likes this.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    We were tempted to call you Jake when assembling the team, but I know you're trying to stay out of competition and Eddieville did bad things to you not too long ago.
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yeah I had a few people bugging me to come race, I just cant do it at this point. Someday maybe, and I am sure I am not going to be going that fast.

Thanks for thinking of me though. :thumbsup:

I almost came out to take pictures but it kills me to not be out there riding.

Later,
    pvduke likes this.
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Indeed, Ive also played both sides of that coin. One time it resulted in a minor disaster as I was young and ended up jumping my RM125 onto an old dude on a big bore Maico. I tried to out throttle him into a corner following a jump and he tried to block me...landed right on top of him, but we both got back up cursing.... with me in front :-) I miss the days when I was light enough to ride a 125 fast :thinking:
    pvduke likes this.