EFI conversion kit!

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Wherecaniride, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Wherecaniride Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Does anyone know how well ecotrons throttle body conversion kit works? I would like an EFI bike but I am not at a point to get one so I was thinking of giving the EFI kit a try.
  2. 113moto Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 smr510
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx250
    Just use A efi system off of a husky 2008/2010 te/smr
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might work just fine. Looks similar to the Delphi aftermarket EFI system on my AJP PR5 which works as well or better than most I have sampled. Also going with an aftermarket add on there is probably more options and tuning info / availability. they list...

- Performance tuning for advanced users
    - On-the-fly calibration

looks like they only make it up to a 34mm body and thats probably not enough for the 450.
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    why are throttle bodies so big 4-6mm bigger than carbs it seams:excuseme:
  5. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Carburetors rely on Venturi effect to get fuel flowing out of float bowls, jets. That causes them to be somewhat restrictive to airflow.
    Throttle bodies need no Venturi effect to operate as fuel is metered and pumped in electronically and the intake tract can be designed for a more optimal flow across,an entire engine operating range.
    That's what I heard any way.
    ray_ray likes this.
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well that makes since :banghead:
    ray_ray likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Just curious here ... Why would you want an efi bike?
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    ecotrons.com has efi kits for up to 800cc 4 strokes and efi systems for 2 stroke engines. Why hasn't any one efi'ed their 2T yet?
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I was reading about one of the Chinese companies that uses Delphi efi on their bikes. Its a big Chinese company that sells thousands of bikes in Asia I guess. And every bike on their web site that they were selling was air cooled ... They had not even made a water-cooled engine yet they had a bike with efi?

After reading all the headaches on efi bikes from so, so many people, it seems like a stretch for a company to jump from air-cooled technology to efi in a single jump and have any success. But apparently, it works for them ... Maybe Delphi has programmers that are more familiar with the coding needed run their efi hardware? This is just another confusing aspect to me in this wacky world. (I'd swap my 012 TC250 EFI bike right now for a WR250cc ITL made Husky 2t bike if possible)
    Centerline likes this.
  10. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    XLEnduroMan and Centerline like this.
  11. wrtimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300

Good question, and IMO, wouldn't be worth the cost or hassle to do it when a well setup carby does what most of us need it to do.

One of the reasons I went for my WR300 was the "old school" technology. Easy to work on and fix should something go wrong. And now it's got a sorted Lectron carb I can't see what benefit EFI would have to me.

In saying that though, would like to see someone else be the test mule for it!
    OlderHuskyRider and Centerline like this.