efi maintenence

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by schweikert, Dec 12, 2011.

1. schweikert Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi all, i'm just reading the latest Transmoto mag which talks about cleaning the efi fuel filters. Just wondering if someone out there knows what to look for or if there are any issues on Huskies? i have a 09 te450
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Haven't heard much- other than tps adjustments and such-
    BUT At some point? I would think the Throttle Body should be cleaned- you'd have to be carefull with the sensors and such though... I have basically went with the "aint' broke" philosophy on this topic so far though.... I have not inspected but I assume there is a MAF that would be sensitive to cleaners and debris. I am sure at somepoint I'll look closer and clean it appropriately...

As far as fuel filters- there's the "bag" and the plastic filter- I have read reports of having no issues with the stock plastic filters- and also heard a shop that found the filters splitting- also oldhuskyrider found an all metal filter from an auto parts store but I don't know the specs or the part number maybe he will chime in... so far so good on my end- but would like to change filters as a preventative measure fairly soon as I have racked up alot of miles- with questionable fueling options at times.

3. schweikert Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks HUSKYnXjnwi, i might use the same philosophy just to be safe. All the best for xmas mate