1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Electrical fault got me stumped

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gordon lindsay, Nov 22, 2012.

1. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    My 2003 wre 125 just will not spark I have gone through everything with a multimetre and changed the coil for a new one i swapped the cdi for another one and the stator is throwing out close to 40 volts its really got me stuck ive also tried new plugs and ht cap as well if anyone could help in anyway it would be much appreciated thanks
  2. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Is there power getting to the coil? Is the coil grounded via the kill button? Cam.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Do you have a Peak Voltage adapter for your meter, sometimes labeled a "direct voltage" meter?

Is there a place where I can look at the wiring diagram for that bike?
  4. gordon lindsay Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    dtr 125
    Hi thanks for your reply he coil has a blue wire grounded to the coil at one end and a red and black wire grounded to the coil the other end next to the signal wire. There is power coming from the stator around 39 volts when i had it hooked up to the mutlimetre and cranked it over with the kickstart its so annoying as i just want to ride the thing.
  5. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Could be a kill switch fault stopping it from sparking - test the switch for continuity or maybe the pick up coil has failed, meaning there is no signal to the ECU telling it when to spark.

Dave