1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Electrical malfunction

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Tzedz, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    My 95 360 Husky was idling away when suddenly the revs increased by approximately 1500 revs,then died.Now it will not start and theres no spark,the stator has just been rewound by west country windings so im doubtful this is the problem.Also if the bike is not running any lights,but the stator has the capacity to run lights(WR),does the regulator rectifier need to be attached,as at the time it wasnt,and if any what difference would it make.As always any info appreciated
  2. PfeSvk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 / 99
    Other Motorcycles:
    MZ ETZ 251
    If 95 wr have same ignition as my 99, regulator is needed only for using lights. With the light switch "off" is regulator switched off too. Light coil at high revs make too high voltage for bulbs.
    Spark plug is good?
    Do you can measure DC resistance of stator coils and HV coil to determine problem?
  3. BenM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 WR360 WR125 CR250 WXE250 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    950ADV, 250XC, IT465,
    One of my first questions is why did you need to have the stator rewound? These bikes have a 110W stator which is more than enough to run lights. The yellow wire (lighting) can be unplugged and should not have an affect on starting the bike.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    My guess is youve sheared your flywheel woodruff key, pull flywheel off to confirm, if you didnt hang on the nut to tighten it up then it happens fairly easily.

Check that if its fine make sure the stator hasnt rotated.
    I would do those first then delve into ht lead plug cap and coil check all grounds and rectifyer.

Then cdi but thats ££££ so hope its not that.

Good luck.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On the early 90s models the the regulator did effect timing and not having it could cause a motor meltdown, but it wouldn't cause the stator to fail.
  6. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Definately not the rotor nut,either coil or CDI
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Check ht connection to the coil unscrew it from the unit and see if its got any copper still touching the screw.
    Fingers crossed its that, check coil for proper clean earth.. But cant see that raising the revs an dying.
    Cdi's same as 99 /50's so swap n go of you know anyone with one willing to swap parts over.

Failing that send it to an ecu specilist will be simple for them to fix.
  8. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Ive just tried for a spark,and its returned with no prompting nothing changed,im baffled,plug in and fired second kick.Although i only let it tick over for a few seconds,see what tommorrow brings, i like to know what the problem is before getting stranded,cheers for the info guys anyway
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

the problem I had with may 99, hard to start, ran great for a few minutes sometimes
    other times would run for the day, but as it warmed up became harder to start
    so to sum it up went from hard as in 5-10 kicks cold to 25-40 hot
    very curious about your rewind if the problem is other than the stator, who and where was it done
  10. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Just took it for a blast up the road,and still seems fine.2premo the stator was rewind in 2012 by West Country Windings,its since then been rechecked last month by themselves and found to be faulty,apparently the plastic coating was peeling away,anyway they once more rewound it for little cost,so i have to assume its fine.Tommorrow ill venture further.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Look for vibration related wire fatigue. Sometimes a wire looks great and the insulation will be intact, but heat and vibration can cause the internal copper conductor to become brittle and create an open, or worse, an intermittent.

Could be a ground from the coil, conductor from the stator, though I doubt that if it's been rewound, etc. Luckily there ain't much to a good old 2 smoke. Good luck.
  12. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    You may be on the right lines Husynoobee, i noticed that a connector had drop onto the head,maybe the heat caused an intermitent spark,anyways i rode further today and every thing was fine,then this happened:
    Looks like i'm now going to need a woodruff key,and get a nut built up

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      76.3 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      125.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Incidently,i dont suppose any of you guys know what size woodruff key is required,also the bike surges heavily on a closed throttle,then is a right pig on the pilot jet,only on the main does it pull cleanly.The pilot jet is tiny,do u think this could be the cause
  14. Claybilly17 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 450 SXF
    Check the main bearing seals while your in there
    PfeSvk likes this.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For that surge definitely check the main bearing seals.