1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Engine Ice coolant

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, May 4, 2013.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hey every-one, I am going to change the coolant soon on my wr150 and was wondering if any-body has used this before. I know there are other coolants out there but I am interested in comments good or bad about this particular one. Thanks:cheers:!
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I can't imagine needing anything but regular coolant? my 125 runs cool no mater the temp or how much I beat on it.I have friends that use it in their KTM's and it seems to do the job fine.
    sabortooth and huskybear like this.
  3. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    It is great
    typeone and huskybear like this.
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Engine ice is great stuff, all the ktm owners I know with their orange tea kettles love it.

I have never boiled my 125, it rarely gets above 120 degrees on my temp gauge and the highest I have seen is 180.

Engine ice may be overkill.

Later,
    R_Little, DaveG321 and huskybear like this.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Jake kind of hit it on the head. Great stuff but don't know that you need it with the small bores. I rarely can get my 165 over 180. I still use engine ice simply because I have been using it for years in everything. There are a number of products that work great but just not sure you will need them.
    huskybear likes this.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Thanks guys, I have never had any over-heating issues with my wr and don't feel that special coolant is necessary for it but I am also changing the coolant in my husaberg 450 four-stroke. I had my 'berg boiling pretty good on a nasty ride last year and I was going to use the same coolant in both bikes.:cheers:
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I use it in my son's CRF450R and it does a good job. My WR250 has never even hinted like it wanted to overheat and would probably be fine with creek water and a packet of mustard for color.
    ray_ray and huskybear like this.
  8. timpjr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    93 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    EVT America 3000w Scooter
    Here's a thought, although Engine Ice is 26.00 a half gallon or so I prefer to use it for its safety factor. Propelene-glycol is non-toxic compared to ethelene glycol. Now you may ask how does that affect me, well... Last weekend riding out in the spanish springs area of Sparks, Nv I was chasing some local fauna up a hillside and at the top my radiator crossover tube blew a hole straight up. Within seconds i was coated from my forehead down to the seat with that sweat tasting blue stuff. The first thought was not how would i get back to my truck but how toxic was the coolant to my system. Ive seen what a small amount of antifreeze can do to a Dog (someday I'll catch the bastard that did it). I'm no tree hugger by any means but if I can avoid polluting my world I try.
    huskybear likes this.
  9. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i use it in both my bikes for the same reason timpjr points out... biodegradable and non-toxic.
    huskybear likes this.
  10. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm using it also. The dealer near me has it on sale twice a year for $18.00.