Epic Woods ride.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Apr 7, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Went riding with a couple TT guys yesterday. They like to ride the unmarked (off the beaten' path)
    trails. I rode the 511 because I thought a plate might be needed at some point but it was all dirt.
    The WR300 would've done a lot better but the 511 did pretty good. Most of the stuff was soft
    potting soil forest bed terrain and it was easy to dig holes on some of the hill climbs. It was definitely an adventure but fun as hell.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9YaRoyShY&feature=youtu.be
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Hey Jerbear,
    Where abouts was this? Southeast of you in Sacramento. It looks like Shads,Westpoint or Wilseyville. All great areas I used to ride alot, that I now miss. It looks fun and very familiar. I've been here in south eastern AZ for 23+ years now and I'm still having trouble getting used to the High Desert since I left Stockton back in 1991.
  3. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey Timmy, pretty good navigation on your part. Southeast is correct although a little more east than south. It's up by Elkins Flat kinda. This vid is the easy part of the ride, unfortunately my camera
    ran out of juice a quarter way through so the best stuff wasn't captured. I did snap a couple pics of the other two going up a vertical ledge. I took a pass on this one. Although the camera doesn't do it
    much justice, this little hill was literally straight up.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Jerbear,

I knew it had to be some where up in that area. I spent many days on rides up in that area of the mountain ranges on both Quads and my old Maico's back in the days. Just an awesome area to throw some roosts at your buddies. Oh, and don't forget the big deep puddles of red dirt and mud in some areas that will permanently stain your white riding gear.That stuff don't wash out, I don't care what kind of laundry soap you use.

Great pics Bro, I miss that forest leaf litter and tree roots.

The Desert here is brutal compared to that stuff but it looks like your buddies like to make it as challenging as possible. Be careful of those downed trees and off camber hills with your buddies. I saw a guy on a KTM back in about 88" get scewered by a downed tree and watched his bike take a ghost ride down a hill once. When we proceeded forward on the side of the hill there he was hanging off the ground with his feet twitching. He didn't make it.

You say your guys are TT guys? What do you mean? Do they race TTs at Lodi cycle Bowl? I used to do the same back in the days.
    jerbear610 likes this.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Thumper talk maybe?
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, Thumper Talk.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Pretty cool riding out there ... You could just follow the knobby trail through the woods to keep going the right way ..