Euro 250 day (Husky / KTM / GG)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did a fun trail ride yesterday. Had three Euro bikes. 04 GG EC250 (mine) 07 WR250, 09 KTM 250. Traded off. The GG had the strongest low end, then the WR and a ways behind the KTM. Mid range was maybe the GG but the WR was right there, KTM a ways behind, Top end was all WR, GG and KTM felt about the same. The GG left like a 300 or the KTM felt like a 200 in comparison, was a noticeable difference. KTM was a good bike and EZ to ride but felt slow. The WR is VERY strong but the suspension is just OK. The GG had the power and handled well but felt cramped. The KTM feels the lightest and I'm sure is. All good bikes of different flavors.

[IMG]
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  2. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly,
    Which bike do you think handles/turns the best?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats a tough one. they all turn a little different but once you get used to it one does not seem to have an obviousness advantage. I would have to say the KTM and GG and then the WR. I'm not in love with how the 45mm forked WR's turn. I do think the 50mm forked WR's turn noticeable better and more like the GG and KTM. Rode Jakes, 2010 TC250 and it outhandles all of them but a long shot IMHO. I REALLY like the 08 and up huskys for handling. The X-light and 125/144 are IMHO the best handling bikes going.

- you should join us some time and sample bikes, usually a nice cross section of bikes on our rides.

other than euros / feel and setup the bikes were fairly closely matched in everything but the motor where the GG and WR were a good bit stronger than the newer KTM.
  4. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

My thoughts were about the same between my KTM300 and my Gasgas. Although my KTM was older ('99), it had 50mm Zokes and an updated shock from an '03. The KTM was a very stable bike and probably tracked a bit better, especially when speeds went up. But, my Gasgas, both my '03 and my '05 are very quick turning bikes and handle extremely well.

You know you mentioned that the 125/144 are even better handling than the 300 Euros, please stop torturing me with bad thoughts!

I actually rode 45 miles yesterday with a buddy who is interested in buying a Gasgas. He has a KDX200 with the RB carb mod and we switched for a few miles so he could get a feel for the Gasser. I had a blast on that KDX! I was on the pipe and railing throught the trees with a big smile on my face. So much fun on a smaller cc bike! I've got my eye on a CR144 down south and a Gasgas 200 as well. I was thinking of picking one up for my son and selling his KDX. That way I can ride his bike from time to time.

I know I should hook up with a ride with you for a bike sampling party. Maybe I will trek over to Bend for the Husky ride.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get the CR144. Once you ride it you might sell your GG to get your own. Funest bike going and amazing what it will do.

Buddy shane sold his KDX220 as fast as he could and bought an 09 WR125 after one ride on mine.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Kelly,
    Is the KTM a XC-W or XC?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    W i think, i never pay attention to there 14 letter/number names.