1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Evaluation different needle WR 300 2010

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Guys! I just came back home from a great day of iceracing here in Sweden. my bike has run perfect since i bought it, but it´s always intresting to try different set-ups of the carb to see if there is any room for improvement! So i tried a different needle. The needle is 6DEY15-74. I had to go down from 45 pilot jet to 40 with this needle. It started fine and idled nice. When i went out on the ice i immediately noticed that i´ve lost power, and i had a slight bluddering when i gave throttle out of the corners. With the standard needle (6GAY69-74) the bike usually go up on the rear wheel out of the corners in second gear, but now it struggled. Maybe it´s my bike that don´t like this needle, and maybe it´s better in the summer, but for now it seems like the standard needle do the job best! My friends KTM 300 was much better from the bottom then my bike, and the difference shouldn´t be that big. He also felt that my bike was a bit sluggish. This is my experience, but who knows how it works on another WR 300! I had the needleclip in middle position, as standard and 490 mainjet(a bit rich at -3 Celsius even for iceracing). I checked my enginetemp with my infrared meter and it was about 50degrees Celsius in the water with one rad totally covered, so it,s necessary to cover them up!

Johnny