1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Exhaust for WR 300 2010

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone have an aftermarket exhaust for the WR 300? If so, who? Any reflections of what is good or bad? Is there a silencer that is E3 certified too?

Johnny.
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pro-Circuit makes a pipe for the 300s.

Halls has them in stock.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Is it the 250 pipe repackaged? Do you happen to know?

I've emailed them a few times over the past 10 months about a 300 pipe, but never a response.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    if it is see if you can find a 2C pipe for your bike, makes Adams WR250 rip :thumbsup:
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks Bud :thumbsup:

I'll take anything at this point. Except a $300 OEM replacement.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Several local guys fix pipes. Darrel from "suspension by design" can do it. maybe you need one of those fugly Hyde plate/pipe guard things.
  8. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

9. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am surprised HGS doesn't have a dedicated pipe for the WR 300 yet. They are usually ahead of the curve on this stuff.

Walt
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Do i need a silencer with that or can i use my existing one? Do you know?
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 2010 stock pipe is a huge improvement compared to the 2009 stock pipe, quality-wise and performance-wise. can you specify what exactly you're missing on the stock pipe?

r

pro circuit are making an excellent exhaust for the wr300, but i was reported that it's a little "midrange-oriented".
  13. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I´m not missing anything really, but i was thinking of save my new standard pipe and maybe get some more power with a new one, but i like the character of the engine so i don´t want to change that too much. Someone reported 7 hp more with the ProCircuit pipe. Sounds like a lot!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think there is any way that is possible. Also in my experience the PC pipes tame the bike, i have ridden several years WR250's with the PC pipe and it seems to smooth the power and make it a little softer if anything.
  15. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

bytheway, this is a power comparison of the my10 300cc enduros (taken from "motocross" december 2009).

r

Attached Files:

16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks for posting the dyno chart!

Wow! The HSQ has one smooth power and torque curve vs. the rest. The GG has 20hp/cv jump in 1000RPM's in the mid:eek: I bet that thing pull real hard. And those KTM's make some killer peak numbers. Nobody is close to the linear spread of the Husky though :thumbsup:

I bit the bullet and ordered the new pro circuit pipe and 296 silencer yesterday. I was going to get my suspension done with that money, but I dont think my stock pipe has much life left.... 3 dent removal session, one split seam welded, one hole filled in with weld and now it wont seal properly to the flange. I think I tweaked it for good at the last event.

I should hopefully have it next week. And be sure to shop around on these high priced items. I called Halls and was quoted $400 + shipping and my local ma and pa shop got it for me for $360 flat.
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, the power curve looked really good on the husky! i wonder how they had the exhaust port on the KTM, if it was standard or not. Even without adjustable exhaust port the Huskys curve was best:applause:
  18. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Please leave a report when you have tried it out! I´m also thinking of one!

Johnny.

Johnny.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The dyno chart is kinda the opposite of what most people who ride them report. Most the mags as well, say the WR is the ripper of the class with more power than the rest. Also they seem like they have a softer bottom and more top. Odd. They all make a bunch. BTW i have ridden he KTM, GG and WR 300's and to me the KTM seems more like the WR graph and the WR the KTM graph and the GG pretty smooth. :excuseme: All have to much for the woods work i do and prefer the 250 or heck, 125.
  20. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I've ridden a few KTM's and to me, the Husky felt like the dragster of the bunch. Soft down low, nice mid and ridiculous top end. Not quite what that graph shows.

I'm guessing the new 2010 pipe and Euro-spec jetting are the difference :excuseme:

I'm hoping the PC pipe will take some from the top and add to the low/mid. There's only a handful of places to really open up a 300 around here and I dont frequent them often.