1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Exhaust spooge

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ray_ray, Jun 7, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I've saw this question asked and answered before but I gotta ask it again. I've only saw ~1 answer yrs back that gave a reasonable explanation on the subject and I've forgot what it was.

My oil\gas is always mixed at about 40:1, maybe 38:1 ... I use 3-4 different 2T oils, depending on what is available.

--

See the pic .. That oil shown there does not drool spooge ...My SA usually has a fair coating of the black stuff after a ride ... Those 3 drops are nothing really to me..

Does anyone have a valid explanation why a specific oil does not cause my 08 WR250 Husky to drip black stuff?
    100_1722.JPG

100_1724.JPG
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Change the packing ray ray its full, every 2t spooges in my experience when it drips out its usually time to repack silencer or replace seal to expansion chamber.
    Modern oils dont burn off as much as older ones did also if your using race oils and only plod about the cylinder is not reaching optimal temperature for the oil to burn off.

I read that from somewhere before and I'm paraphrasing from memory but it went something like that.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Well spooge in that spot usually leaks out between the pipe and silencer not the exit of the silencer. I put zip ties around the rubber seal there to help keep any from leaking out.

Not sure what you meant with your question about a specific oil? Does that oil in the yellow bottle cause a lot of spooge?

Really running the oil around 40:1 and crisp jetting in the pilot and midrange eliminate a lot of spooge, but some is normal. My WR spooges the least out of any bike I have owned. Switching oils never made much difference to me.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My bike creates spooge always, I accept that fact with a 2t bike. Today I changed to a different brand of oil and no spooge happened. That yellow bottle created no spooge. So I'm a little baffled ...

--

Yep, I've been thinking on changing the packing ...

And strange you mention modern oils here ... The yellow bottle of 2T has got to be old stuff sold here.

5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That oil probably has a lower flashpoint and burns off, whereas an oil with a higher one does not. If jetting is too rich, or if you are riding more leisurely, the cylinder temps will be lower. The oil with the higher flashpoint will not burn off completely, and you will have spooge. On my CR150, I had sppoge which probably looked worse than it was due to the white rear fender. That was with Motul 800 at 32-1 to 50-1. When I switched to Dominator, even mixing richer, at 30-1, I have no spooge. No other changes were made.
    shrubitup and juicypips like this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ok and what is the downside to a lower flashpoint oil? What effect will this have on the engine internals?
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dont race with lower flashpoint oil, could cause increase wear depending on how wfo you are and overheat cylinder.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Now we are getting somewhere ..... An MSDS sheet would have the flashpoints? ...

Zomby, you upped your oil amounts to counter this wfo? Let me guess, you had to rejet also? You probably scream that 150 lots more than me on my bike out in the woods ...

--

This is like 2t oil burning boot camp ... This bike has been too good and close enough to essential for me ... I may have to go back to being a spooger ... one with a newly repacked silencer ...
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Does that yellow bottle have a certification of JASO FC or FD. If it does it should protect your engine fine.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    JASO FB
  11. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Lower is relative.

If you look at Maxima 927, the FP is 420F. K2 is 240. Motul 800 is 485 and Dominator is 215. All are race oils. Where do you draw the line?
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The spooge line needs to be drawn ... Sounds like some oil mixing might be relative also to this line in question ...
  13. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    What zomby woof said. Oil flashpoints make a difference. Info can be found on MSDS online. Maxima Super M (injector oil version) and Amsoil Interceptor known to have low flashpoints. Use for recreational trail riding expecting several chit chat breaks with the guys and no constant race pace for 2 hours type thing.

Rich jetting for your conditions also significantly plays into the spooge volume. Even a tick lower on the needle and one down on the main cleans up most spooge issues if your jetting is close to being dialed. Well at least with the JD Jetting kit for the Mikuni TMXX it does.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tinken can set us straight im sure, draw the line where a small amount of spooge is good but lots is too much.
    I use putoline mx5 as i dont see the track too often if i did i would consider mx7 and yes i use blue oil as i can see its mixed through the clear float bowl.
  15. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

JASO FB is an older and lower standard. Not the latest and greatest... just saying.
  16. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I changed to Dominator because it's supposed to be a quality oil, and I was able to buy a case of 12 for what it would have cost me for 5 liters of Motul 800, or most of the other quality two stroke oils. I was running 40-1, but after reading about a few guys blowing their 125/150's up with low hours, I went back to 30-1 just to be safe. A change from 40-1 to 30-1 requires no jet change.