1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc EZ as 1,2,3,4,5 to make wr250/300 king of the class!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Jan 25, 2013.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dear mr bmvarna, just thought id drop you a line to say i fixed your crappy speedo(trailtech endurance ii-perfect), replaced your crappy cable clutch(magura hydro kit-again perfect) & will soon fix your crappy carby(lectron-soon to find out if perfect). admittedly i didnt have too many issues with the mikuni but the general consensus is its dated/fiddly & a general pain in the arse re jetting. i didnt mind paying for these upgrades but would prefer if they came stock. but i digress, i have 5 simple solutions to make your/our/my 250/300 king of the class or at least up there with the rest. i am no racer but know what i want, what i like & what we need. 1. please be so kind as to slot the 'old' 6 speed box back in(wouldnt cost bugger all in terms of engineering/production-already done & surely you still have some on the warehouse shelves?!). 2. please be ever so kind as to bury all the sachs shocks in a large hole somewhere in the desert & stick a KYB in the bikes(again, not expensive surely, rest of the range runs em?!). 3. if its not too much trouble can you please 'engineer' an 11-12L clear tank(or black with clear strip & 3L level marks ala GasGas) thats not top heavy or affect the great plug access?! seriously you guys could smuggle wombats in the available space there! 4. while youre at it a map switch/PV adjustment/torque controller of some description(again not that expensive surely?!) & 5. an updated chassis(this is for the masses as im not that good a rider that i think id notice that much difference really, but hey youre paying, or maybe we will be?). simple, fairly cost effective enhancements i would have thought. if you feel its necessary to increase the new bike price by $500 or so then thats cool with me if you give me the above listed items. if you throw in the hydro clutch, lectron & trailtech ill sling you another $500 no dramas whatsoever, call it an even $1200 all up lets say(the economy is tough for all i understand). still be a grand or 2 cheaper than the pumpkins(in OZ)! However, i forbid you to touch the engine itself(unless you can make it lighter without affecting power/reliability) or bolt some hideous looking estart on the side of it that looks like a tumour(optional only tumours...sorry estarts)! no exceptions. dont make it a little bike either, keep it tall(maybe with an optional short arse version :-)) & would it kill you to throw in a nickel plated pipe so we can keep up with the cool kids & look flash as a rat with a gold tooth?! do these things(or even half of these things) & ill never look at a GasGas or KTM again(well ill look but i swear i wont touch, honestly). piece of cake really. i await my job offer for chief supervising manager of 250/300 2T production(just pay me in bikes!). thanks in advance. Shawry
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I totally agree with this statement,except for the sachs shock.Its been the best shock I ever owned.as for the kyb fronts,not so much love there. (all my suspension is tuned,so this is a statement based on that.Not stock valving.) I really wish I could find some ohlins ttx carteidge for my 3hunny.
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    -I like my rear shock. Getting it revalved/resprung for racing regardless but the KYB forks are sucky. Cant wait to get them redone.
    -my carb is great and problem free
    -I have an American model so no speedo and light, which I was bummed about.
    -Agreed on the garbage clutch cable.
    -estart...? Adds weight and more to break/go bad
    -Larger tank? Thats more of a rider preference/need. Should be in the Husky hard parts catalog.
    -as for the chromoly chassis, how about the flex that it gives, rather than a harsh aluminum frame? Anyone ever ridden a steel frame road or mt bicycle back to back with an aluminum one?
    -you left out the garbage radiator shrouds...i mean branch collectors.
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    AGREE i too made all the changes to fit my needs but even at 6'4" i think the bike is needlessly tall !!!
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    dear husky: dont change a thing. l love being able to get a brand new bike for under 5k that rips big giant hairy ones and that leaves me lots of dough left over to fix her up any way i want. thanks and keep up the great work and super awesome dealer network that shares our passion for riding and that cares more about its riders WAY more than the other guys!!!

sincerely,

the not so angry midget when im riding my husky
    Schrup, lankydoug, Zomby woof and 5 others like this.
  6. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    There would be no aftermarket if it came with all that stuff and who is to say at what point they stop adding fancy stuff when the bikes hit $10k ?
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    A six speed transmission, hydraulic clutch and electric start would all be nice, but I'd settle for sorted carburetion and easier starting!
  8. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    6 speed, e-start and dampen down some of the vibration.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah rad shrouds need to designed better & alexon rads need to go too! maybe a half decent alloy shifter as well. a tank available through hard parts catalogue would be perfect, good call, that saves some $ right there. personally id never get a 2T bike with estart(too heavy & unnecessary imho) but im just accomodating to the masses, make it optional, again saves some $. like i said never really had any dramas with the mikuni but again, accomodating the masses(& im a sucker for shiny new things from motosportz-lectron!). if these carbs turn out to be as good as reported & as popular how good would it be if husky was the first maufacturer to bring out a metering rod/smartcarb type on production bikes?! i heard a rumour GG might be fitting APT standard next year. im not against cro-mo frames at all, i actually prefer them for reasons you say & easy repair if need be. plus give much better access to engine & allow for bigger tank(ding!).
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    alright ill settle for the 6 speed, the hydro clutch, kyb shock standard & a decent bigger tank through hard parts, map switch the same. thats reasonable isnt it?
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh im same height mate & youre right it is a little tall but that has it advantages. i reckon its the rear guard that catches me out, the way it points up. looks cool but always seem to snag a boot or pants on it trying to remount on dodgy hills!
    WVdag and braddenning like this.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    if youve ever had your sachs shock turn pogo stick when it gets too hot youll know why i want the KYB. a known problem from the factory that correct spring rates/valving may help but not cure. downright dangerous! LTR has the fix i believe(may send my shock stateside soon). either way it wouldnt cost husky bugger all to switch to KYB & id have thought most people would be happy with that swap
  13. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Hey Bags, you ordered a Lectron?? Me thinks thats next prezzy for the 3hung!
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    nah not yet mate, Kelly said theyd be a couple of weeks away due to throttle cable or something i think. im away from tomorrow for a coupla weeks so when im back ill be getting on the case. sound very promising!
  15. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    yeah it does sound good, very keen to see how it goes... Damn its rainin hard here!! u guys copped some too ah!! crickey:eek:
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh you gettin what we had 3 or 4 days ago. half the trails i ride were underwater today or just not worth riding. mowed the lawn monday & had to do it again today! nice & green though
  17. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    Nothing wrong with that Sachs shock, better then KYB I say.
    If you don't like the moving piston in the Sachs (like Öhlins) then install a bladder (like KYB).

Hydroclutch would be very nice though, but then redesign the clutch, (no Hymec but a dedicated design).
    Use the frame of the latest 125.
    Update the engine, clutch basket to the right, chain to left, new kickstart, make it lighter.
    No 6six speed for me, I like the 5 speed (short ratio, helps with MX), perhaps a taller 5.

I have a feeling that Husky has a new modern 250/300 2stroke in the pipeline, that will blow us away.

Anyway I've switched to a TM EN300 (2009), which has most of the above features (great).
  18. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Word from the rumor mill says a new 450 motocrosser too
  19. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
  20. woodzi Husqvarna
    AA Class

They work a lot better than the sum of their parts suggests they should.

They also have a huge cost advantage over KTM, new or used. That is why I stayed on a Husky.

It would be nice to see them updated though.