Family at X-town, 1st outing!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by RollinHusky, Apr 9, 2012.

1. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    The summer season is right around the corner here in the great white north. The snow is gone and the ground perfect for riding MX, and that's what we did. Saturday April 7th was opening day for all the outdoor tracks at X-Town in Mirabel, QC, so we took my niece and nephew out for a ride. My 13 year niece got a brand new WR150 for Christmas, and not to be outdone, her little brother got a CR50. Both brand new of course, grandpa would not have it any other way. My TC449 is still going strong, and with it's new sticker kit feels even faster, so I brought it down too. My girlfriend was there with our great little camera, so everybody was busy. Of course we had a Honda for her to ride, but at the last minute we figured we better not let her cramp our style! Not going to go into details on that one.

Opening day, groomer just done working the track, and everybody present jumps on at the same time. That's the welcome we got! There must have been a fire behind me somewhere 'cause some riders where just blazing by me at the beginning. I settled in, got comfortable and after a few laps, I was hanging with most, except the real fast guys. Them I just moved over.

My niece for her part took to the intermediate track and ran real good. I went with her for a little bit but quickly realized that she was fine and didn't need this old guy to follow her around. Her WR150 is quite the machine as most of you know, and coming from an XR100, it's quite the jump. She handled it great and ran for almost 2 hours straight. A little too much throttle on a tabletop landed her crooked and, let's just say that the bike and her did not share the same landing plan. Thankfully the staff got her back to the trailer safely and she's all good. Just a little scared. Good thing she had all her riding gear on (as always).

My nephew had the jitters and wasn't sure he wanted to ride the beginner track, but at the end of the day, he went out and got a few solid laps in before the day was done. The little CR50 revs to the moon and then just launches. It's quite the machine and takes a bit of getting use to. With our encouragements, he kept at it and had lots of fun.

Here are some of the pics my girlfriend took, enjoy!

First are few of me...
    IMG_0514-.jpg IMG_0548-.jpg IMG_0554-.jpg IMG_0570-.jpg
    ...a few of my nephew on his CR50 IMG_0768-.jpg IMG_0798-.jpg

...and my niece on her WR150
    IMG_0582-.jpg IMG_0605-.jpg
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    NICE Those are some lucky kids!!! Family sport:thumbsup:
    RollinHusky likes this.
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Nice! :applause:
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks like a cool track and with all the family members racing from the same pit, probably makes for some exciting, non-stop pit-action also ...
  5. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Very cool to have family riding. Your girlfriend took some great pics.
    My 3 1/2 year old daughter is pretty girly girl, but hope to get her riding some day
    RollinHusky likes this.
  6. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Non-stop action that's for sure!! Everybody wants to ride, but everybody has to watch out for each others too. Best bet is to show up early and make a day of it!
  7. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats what it is all about right there. Good on you. :cheers: