Fantic 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Aug 30, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    What is going on with the rear tire size lately? I see a Husaberg 2014 125 two stroke comes with 140/80/18 and now this one has a big rear tire in the 125 class. Is the rim going back to 2.5 wide?
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like they are still using leftover 2011 Gas Gas parts to make the 2014 Fantic.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I like the looks of last years bike a lot better. Like kinda looks like a cheap toy to me. Cool bikes though.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know we have mega knowledge here but I think us Americans just are not getting it, all the EU manufacturers share and source items. For one example KTM corp builds radiators they are used all over the EU automotive sector (including on Huskies), KTM is also a chassis manufacturer and engineering firm they build frames, you want a frame designed or have one designed they will build it for you..
    Verlicchi made chassis for BMW for Husky for Ducati Aprilia etc. Domino supplies almost all the EU OEMS. So when we see the Fantic...they source G G motors and it looks like even the same chassis less the plate that G G has welded on the ladder section, who made that frame....could be the OEM Fantic or G G or could be any number of manufacturers in Spain or Italy.
    Its all a marriage of a bunch of sourced parts. The biggest exception to this ongoing sucessful biz model is TM Racing that make their own clutch slaves, sprockets and other bits that the other manufacturers simply source from other bit manufacturers.
  6. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the ktm radiator company is not a part of "ktm" since 1992. if i recall correctly, mahle is the current owner.

r
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rasputin , no issue to sort that out its just my point about the marriage and sourcing of all these individual parts , so we see alot of commomality among the Eu brands , I see alot of KTM/Berg style cast swingarms on all these bikes now (sherco for exa,ple,
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Thats where the world is going these days. I always thought GM had a crap plan with their multiple bandges on the same cars but they were on to something.
    I remember seeing Domino throttles etc with Moto morini. That cracked me up when I bought the WR and saw my throttle stamped "Domino"