Fast by Ferracci PCIII or PCV?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Tepco, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Tepco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    NT650, XR100, CR85SM
    So my head is spinning searching for info on how to get my bike running right. Here are the questions I cant find.

1. On my 08 SMR510 can I adjust the TPS with the PCIII or PCV?

2. Fast by Ferracci has a map for my 510 that I've only heard good things about, but is the PCV better?

3. Do either the PCIII or PCV control the ignition curve?

4. If I by a PCIII or PCV used can I find the FBF map to load into it?

Thanks for you answers.
  2. Tepco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    NT650, XR100, CR85SM
    Or the JD power surge of coarse.
  3. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    My newly acquired 08 TE610 was originally sourced from Ferracci.

The PO took it to Ferracci for slight surging and all they put on the receipt was an Iridium spark plug.
    I unknowingly talked with Eraldo himself after buying the bike to see if the dealership had any "tuning" records on
    the bike from when it was sold new. He was going to send any info to me but so far no emails.

He admitted they tune out "any factory leaness" before sale on all their bikes. I don't know what software they use but for supposedly being OEM I think my bike rips. No hesitation right off idle, no surging, just wheel spinning Brap.
    No PU kit. Original can.

I haven't gotten an IBeat on it yet to see the settings but it will be interesting to see the ECU set up and/or fuel
    mileage might give me a hint. If OEM and simply tweeked with Ibeat, I can just imagine what the tuner will do.
    I don't think I want much more.
    The bike is in the mountain garage and I won't get back to it until April.

Ferracci knows how to tune...........but we don't hear much about them.

How would you get that map from them?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The magical part about the PCV, is that it is newer and can be used with the Autotune module - which works fantastic, it creates the map for you. Because of that, I would think, that the re-sale value would be much higher on the PCV than the PCIII. But the PCIII certainly works. Neither of those products do anything with the ignition curve, they simply adjust the size of the pulse width to the injector.

I vaguely recall something about the PCIII and PCV maps being incompatible, but I'm reasonably sure you could read the FBF map, and translate that to a PCV by visually examining the file.

Personally I would go with a PCV with Autotune, or check out the JD unit.

All that was off the top of my head, for more information from me search for my other posts in the EFI forum, especially about testing the 2008/9 bikes - it has been years since I've done any efi work.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'll second that. :thumbsup:
  6. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    I have also heard to get an 09 or newer ECU they are more adjustable through Ibeat... Been wondering the the same thing myself, but what ecu has the most power stock? Would think anything street legal would be choked up and any MX/Enduro bikes would be more aggressively tuned from factory.. Any input on this Cofee?
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nope. All the work I did was years ago, I've no idea.