Fat Guy On a 610 Goes For a Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PhilM, Aug 14, 2009.

1. PhilM Husqvarna

I had the pleasure of going for a solo ride, because a solo ride in the woods is better than a day on the couch.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Looks like you had a nice trip. :thumbsup:

This is a strange time of year around here. It is a transitional time between summer vacation and fall schedules. It's hit or miss if people will be at those types of places midweek.
  3. cmonomo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310
    Great pics of the Lake. Which Lake is it?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Nice pics. I was just up in the mountains myself with a group of friends. Good shot of the lake.:) All lakes look suspiciously like they should have good fishing to me.:p
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    When I saw the title of this report my first thought was "Hey! Maybe he didn't see my braid hanging out of my helmet! I'm not a guy!" :lol:

Nice ride, Phil. Was the big lake Ice House Reservoir? And were the last few photos taken on the way back down to 50 on the road that goes to Wright's Lake? It drops you down onto 50 just east of Kyburz. I've done a lot of exploring and singletracking in the ElDorado and it's beautiful up there:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting up the ride report:)

WoodsChick
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Hey Phil,

Great pictures:thumbsup: Thx.

Although not really recommended I like riding by myself too sometimes.

I have to start taking my GPS along just to see where I've gone.

:cheers:
  7. PhilM Husqvarna

Your close Woodsy, The lake is Union Valley, and everything else is where you thought. The bike shots were at the Rock Creek OHV area.

I hear ya Husky, but I have a pre planned map that I give to my wife where I will be and check in a few times so she knows where I am. It helps that she rides these areas as well. I thought about a spot location devise, but I ride where there are big trees and have heard that they do not do so well in these areas.

Yes Dirtdame, the German Browns are huge in that lake. The Rainbow population is doing well.
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Me too. I would like to hear from those who have one. If trees or high mountains adversely affects it's use.:excuseme:

Maybe that's for a new thread so I don't jack this one.:cheers:
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

Great minds think alike. When I read the title I was pretty sure that the guys in that black sedan had released some photos of me.:D

Phil:
    That's some nice riding area you have there, I would love to come up some weekend and go for a ride with you.:thumbsup:
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The wife and I went rafting on the American out of Colima one year. Very fun and exciting, better than Disney's by far. That pic of the American looked very familiar. The scariest part of the rafting was taking the school bus down a steep and twisty road to the river.
  11. PhilM Husqvarna

Any time there headlight modification guru. Hit me up when you want to ride. :cheers:

Glangston, that part of the river is where the river enters the Coloma state park or real close to where you would have been done with your rafting adventure
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Me, too, Roger!!

WoodsChick
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    For rides like this I would love to have a TE 610. That is a beautiful bike with the rack and Leo Vince pipe. An excellent DS indeed! :thumbsup: My 510 would need 2+ tanks of gas to cover that much ground. :cheers: