1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc FBF 125 Cylinder swap

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Nov 14, 2010.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I finally fitted the used FBF 125 cylinder and new FBF piston up to the bike
    As a first time job I found it was quite straight forward to do with following advice and pics found on this website and others.

The original piston and cylinder was only 35 hrs is old so it still looked great. I only really needed a new ring.
    Used new head o-rings and a .3mm base gasket.
    The older FBF head was in great condition and was the same design as my wr 08 model - 7 small ports and 2 exhaust ports ( Walt was right and Husky site incorrect)
    It has some port work done to it so I was quite keen to see if it made any difference.
    I had a 1 1/2 hour run in ride yesterday .
    There seems to be a bit more of a hit going into the mid range to top end. A bit snappier. ( this could be just the compression ?)
    Cant really judge it yet as i was taking it fairly easy .

There was still plenty down at the bottom and it just chugged up some tricky hills - feels unstoppable at times ( I think thats the PWKs doing )
    It does feel a little flatter at small throttle openings in general riding but it may be jetting - need to ride again to really judge better .
    Will let you know after a decent ride but it does seem to be an improvement