FCR Carb defective-'06 TC250

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Torqin T, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    I'll try this again to see if I can get some help here...my friends TC 250's enricher circuit does not seem to work at all. It wont cold start, but even once warm with the enricher (choke) pulled on there is no effect. The removed pulger in the first pick shows the back port is filled, or most likely not machined out for an open circuit as my Yamaha's are (see second pic w/brass noozle). The only port in the husky is the small transfer that passes to the upper slide chamber and to the throat of the carb. I really don't see how it can siphon fuel this way.
    Can anyone with this model...or any model Husky with a FCR carb pull their plunger and tell me what theirs has? I'm at a loss to know if this is by design and I have other issues, or if this is the issue and I need to find a modification procedure or a replacement carb.
    The bike has never cold started and likewise the owner hasnt ridden more than 5 to 10 hours and wants to sell. Hard to sell a bike you cant start however. I have installed a JD kit and the bike runs very well and starts great...once warm.
    Thank you for your assistance

Attached Files:

2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    some are built that way by requirement of the oem, the TC had it like that the TE models had the AC pump feature, even the old single cammer 410s and 610 had Dellortos set up like that no Accelertor pump feature on the MX (TC models) but the system was on the TE enduro models. if you pull up the part fiche you will see this.
  3. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    This '06 TC250 and carb does have the ACcelerator Pump feature, is that what you are referring to with AC pump?
  4. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    Well isn't that special. ..it's confirmed this Husky was a Friday build, or at least it's FCR was. It's a defect. Wonder if the new management team will get me a new carb body? Lol... Anybody have a 37mm body they'd like to sell?
  5. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    or better yet, would it be possible to drill out to the starter system? Anybody know what that shaft is suppose to be shaped like? My YZF feels like it goes straight from the brass orifice, in the back chamber behind the enricher knob to the starter system shaft that runs up the right side of the carb body...or about an 1 1/2" that I may be able to drill to. I suppose there's no loss in trying, however a little guidance from someone would be beneficial and appreciated if there is a schematic or experience out there.
  6. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    I finally have the cold blooded girl coming to life in 2 or 3 kicks. I replaced the carb with a 09 KX250F's FCR, built a tapered stack to adapt to the inlet match for the air boot, swapped jets/needles. Adapter is not ideal, but the bike runs great and most importantly it starts great! Any carb guro's want to buy the low low hour stocker?