1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Final drive ratio on sm125s????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by darkshadow, Jun 28, 2010.

1. darkshadow Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi everyone
    i have a 08 125sms with full power kit on it(fmf fatty pipe and power core 2), and just rebuild my engine and done 500miles on it (only own it for 3months)

now i am just finishing the bike's running in process and just repacked my muffler so all good apart from gearing ratio (14/47 at the moment)

i weight 130lbs which preety much just about 10-20lbs heavier than my bike(bike have been mod to as light as possible (within my $$$ range)and its road legal)

the problem i couldn't really use some parts of the gearing, starting to run out of gear when i go quicker like its at 38mph really max(near to rev limiter) on third, 40ish on forth, 50ish on fifth and sixth, 72mph max
    feels like first and second gear overlap a bit and fifth and sixth overlap quite a lot

my mate suggest me to go for a 43 sprocket(about -0.28 final drive ratio compare to now) in which will improve top end and might sort out the problem, what do you guys think????? and will it slow me down when accelerating???

thanks in advance
  2. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

im using a 47T rear sprocket, using full Arrow exhaust system, ohlins rear shock on my sm125. The rest is stock. my bike can hit 157km/h. using a smaller sprocket will reduce pickup acceleration power.

I changed to sixth gear upon hitting 94km/h when the valve opens.
  3. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

hey, how do I get one of those sm125 in the states, and get plated. any ideas?? Maybe someone at husky can box up the wrong bike in a sm610 crate. lol

Or could I build on from another chassis with a plate.

They look like fun
  4. darkshadow Husqvarna
    C Class

rpmguy i dont think you can get a 2t sm125 in states, may be the new 4t one

interesting Mr_X, i suppose arrow exhaust are better than FMF for husky's supermoto
    i tried 14/43 and engine is working too hard for what its is doing, so im gonna drop a tooth on front 13/43 to achive little bit lower ratio than 14/47
    btw mine wouldn't go quicker than 80mph (129km/h) for some reason(looks like im gonna get the arrow exhaust and try them out ! :))

cheers
  5. Mr_X Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes you should try the Arrow, it's street legal and worth the money.