1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Finally Time to update

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jaxsplatt, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    G'day all, Out with the old 2000 TE410 and looking at a very low k's 2010 WR300.. Test rode an 09 two years ago and have wanted one ever since. Sick of valves, cham chains and hot start ( sorry, Not Start!!!) and back to ease of maintenance and that smell of the two stroke!! Now need to convince myself to part with the dollars.
    I ride in queensland Australia and wonder how they go in the heat, do they have a thermo fan on rads?
    Cheers
    jaxsplatt
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Welcome aboard and the 300's have no issue's in the heat in fact very few 2t's have issue's in the heat unless the bike isn't jetted right or you climb a hill and revving it's tits off, drop it and rev it's tits off again...which will probably boil and steam steam, now let the bike cool, fill up the rad with water from your camelbak and away you go.

We've ridden in 38C heat and the bike's were fine so long as you get some airflow.

Buy one mate and you won't look back!!
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Im in qld and ive only had issues with 4 strokes in the heat not 2t
    consider the 2011 run out models - at not much extra - digital ignition
  4. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Got two 2010 models, 1 dealer, 1 Private sale and negotiating price all day. Looks like Dealer will get my hard earned!!! 400 ks demo model for a smidge over 7k. If I havent heard from private sale by 0930 tomorrow deposit going into his bank and head to brizzy Mon. WooHoo.. Now need to sell my te410 to give the wife some spending money.. 2011/12 out of my reach but i'm stoked to get '10.:banana:
    bax3 and 454x like this.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Well done mate!!!
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats. Give a ride report and compairson to your TE when you get a chance. Enjoy.
  7. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Happy to say, Dale from Full Throttle has been awesome to deal with and found me a demo 2010 wr300 for a good price. Heading down to brizzy monday morning to get her:applause:. Bit hard to get a ride on her before i buy as there is nowhere to ride it apart from the concrete jungle so i will wait till I get back to Bundy and shread my lawn.. rather than shred the tyre at the shop. Been 2 and a half years since I demo'd one at a trail ride up here and can't wait to feel the wharrrrrrup of the band...
    keep ya posted as i'm sure there will be questions
  8. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've a 2010 300 and live on the sunshine coast, absolutely no problems with overheating! Congratulations on your bike I am sure you will love it. Probably have to set the jetting up a bit or maybe even swap the carby for an PWK Airstryker. If you are ever down around the sunny coast let me know as there are a number of great riding places.

The other thing is that if you haven't already got it Brisbane Motorcycles in Caboolture will match the prices of Full Throttle if you ask them. Grant is the sales manager and easy to deal with. I am sure Full Throttle are good guys as well, just Caboolture is easier to get to. You will probably find that the dealers don't have much clue re jetting or setup and Paul Ferney Group dont help much either. CH is a great resource for settings and advice.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    nice work mate, congrats. no dramas with overheating whatsoever! i live north of cairns & never even looked like overheating in 34C temp & 90% humidity even in prolonged first/second gear rainforest singletrail/gnarly hillclimbs. youll be riding around/over overheating 4Ts(& their thermo fans) in no time!
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Mate, the only 2t l've seen consistently overheat are the KTM300's...and that in Victoria during winter !

Thermofan's....it's a 2 stroke mate:thumbsup:
    shawbagga likes this.
  11. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Thanks guys for info and yeah I saw some kato 3's boiling thats why i questioned the wr's. Windsurf, Mate ur on, when I get the chance to get down the sunny coast id love to get shown new tracks. I have been keen for the Chook Chase at Kennelwoth but haven't had the chance to get there yet. Gentlemans agreement with full throttle so I will honor that. good to know about caboolture, i'll keep that in mind for parts.
    I had to really earn my Browny Points with the wife to update my bike so no mods for awhile. I'll have to baby the rear tyre so i don't have to replace it or i'll be in the shed next to the bike..... come to think of it...
  12. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    6am trailer on, left for Brisbane and looking a bit wet... An hour later pulled up behind long line of traffic in torrential rain... walked up to truckie and asked whats happening " Roads closed mate, about 6 river crossing's to Gympie are over the road". AAARRRGGGHHH !!! Rang the wife to have a look on RACQ website and yup I Ain't getting to Brizzy today.. turned around and have been poutting ever since:banghead:
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    wouldnt expect anything less in Qld eh mate! its a sign-get a brand new runout 11 for couple extra grand!
  14. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Yeah I'm keen if u frontin the extra dosh shawbagga...
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    negative saving for new bike myself at end of year if the ball & chain stops spending all my $ while away working! mate if i win lotto this week ill buy ya 2! :)
  16. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  17. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    300 sitting in my shed... Picked it up early monday and got home 230, unload and a quick ride around the yard..Woohoo yep she's a 300 two smoker alright. rode it to work this morn and first thing is it runs out of legs quick. Starting to go on the pipe at 80 and as it was highway, 100 felt too high to sit on( plus holy, it vibrates). 45 sprocket on the back, need to see how it goes in the bush but feels very short between gear changes. 2nd it is running very rich as 60kph spluttery, 70-100 surging if held constant revs.
    A lot more responsive, lighter than the te410 and nothing feels better than when it hits Band...sort of stretchers the arms a bit..woohoo.
    Can't wait to get out into the forestry..