1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Finding Neutral!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chris Sykes, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Just wondering if anybody has similar issues, or know if theres an easy fix i can do myself?

Finding neutral on my 2006 wr 125 can be a pain.
    When the engine is off its fairly simple, but when its running its quite tricky to find neutral without going up into 2nd.

Im forever pulling up and trying to knock it into neutral 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-N

Sometimes it does it, sometimes not, but it is a little annoying.
    If the bike is on the stand, with the clutch depressed in gear the rear wheel will still spin up a bit.
    Ive found its the same with most mx bikes ive been on, but would this have any affect?

Thanks!
  2. BloodyShirt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha 2010 wr250 & 2009 YZ125
    your boots broken in?
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Could be a notched clutch basket.

or, did you switch tranny oil recently? I found a new slipperier oil helped me. The other thing to try, is give it a good blip of gas while trying to get it into neutral. Works like a charm on my 450
  4. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Oil plays a big part in this i think.. Delvac 15-40 seems to shift much better and find neutral easier than the fancy silkolene stuff i also run.
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Quirky fact of life with these bikes. I have tried like 20 diiferent things and nothing changed it. Actually have just forgotten the issue until you reminded me
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I run the Rotella in my 08 CR125 and finding neutral is always easy; still on the stock clutch.
  7. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I also have this same problem. For me it always happens when I crash on the track and I'm try to start my bike quickly. In the pits/staging area, I find neutral very easy and fast.
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I can find neutral on my '10 wr144 easily, I run rotella triple protection 15-40 oil and it seems to work well on all my 2-strokes:).
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Change your tranny oil regularly.
  10. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Thanks for the replies.

I had a tranny oil change about 2 hours ago, it feels pretty much the same as before.
    Im using some motul oil that my dealer recommended.

Ill try some other stuff to see if that helps, and ill see if giving the throttle a little blip helps.

Another thing i noticed, my manual said i needed about 800ml of oil, i filled this much up, then took the bolt out to check the level and a good 200ml or so of oil poured out.
    Is the oil at the correct level when it stops coming out of the hole when stood up straight?
  11. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    try automatic car transmission fluid, check for notching on fingers and excessive spring tension, my 2007 wr125 clutch pulls easier than my gas gas hydraulic, pull should be easy on the 125.
    Chris Sykes likes this.