1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc First Enduro race

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ripnriding, May 13, 2016.

1. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Ok....any advice from you Vets that have been around the block? Used to race 8 and 24 hour solo mountain bike events until I bought an enduro 4 years ago...now on my second bike, the 2010 CR 144 and have tested this rig with a proper trail ride of 40 km last weekend. THis event, MINI-PINE ENDURO will be my first event. Apparently 90 km of total riding....for my stock tank, preparing to top up at beginning and ensure I provide two cans for two gas stops. Wearing a camel back for hydration...3L. Snacks will be attached to my gas cans for when I stop. Ordered a new silencer (arriving today) equipped with SA and is apparently quieter than stocker...repacked the original in case..

Entered the Vet C class to enable full course. Given this is my first experience....hoping I am told to bump up to the next class after this one ;) Figure......just ride at a consistent pace and don't be silly....easier said than done right?
    DTX915 and juicypips like this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Is it a real time keeping Enduro or a Sprint Enduro?
  3. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Not sure?....We have transponders and there are time stages..

Attached Files:

4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kinda sounds like a Sprint. In that case you go as fast as you can in each stage. There is a "rest" period between stages based on when you're scheduled to start the next stage. I haven't done one yet but they sound fun.
    ripnriding likes this.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    That's like our rally's.
    Just treat it like a day out riding.
    Don't thrash it as you will wear yourself out fast! just keep a relaxed smooth pace... and in the timed sections maybe try a little harder.
    At the end of the day to finish first first you must finish!
    That said you ain't going to finish first.... but mainly enjoy yourself.
    ripnriding likes this.
  6. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Pack dry underwear for the ride home. Don't ride a wide bike and give trail if asked. C Vet's are fast, dam sand baggers LOL
    NCSteve likes this.
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    The best thing about an enduro is you get to race the trail not the other riders. It is up to you to ride smart, conserve energy where you can and finish. Your Mt bike background will serve you well, the best new riders I have been around are always from a Mt bike background. You should have the fitness part dialed, now it is all technique and learning how to go fast with less effort. You have about the best bike for it, just needs a 125 kit... :-)

It sounds like your bike/body fuel plan is pretty good as long as there is water at the gas stops. I did an enduro a couple weeks back that was 87 miles, I drank close to 180 ounces. It was 83 degrees and I was down about 60 ounces at both gas stops and at the end.

Here is a quick video from the 42 mile mark. I rode the VetA class, finished 3rd in class and 16th overall. It was an old school timekeeping enduro, I was on a minute with my friends, Trav is in the AA class and his wife Sara is in the 200 expert class on a KTM150sx. She won her class, it was a really fun day.

And a couple photos from the event...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Later,
  8. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    Jmetteer, thanks for the Shelton valley memory. I was sore for days after that one. I was on minute 9:16 and rode with Whitney Keoberle (Sr A) and Matt Sullivan (AA). That was a fun day. I must have downed nearly 6 liters of water. A few miles before the first gas stop I sheared off the foot rest on my rear brake pedal so was brake less for while. Matt had the bright idea to use his needle nose vise grips to bend out my what was left of my lever. Was 5 minutes late leaving the gas stop so was playing catch up for ever. That hill section between 1st and 2nd gas stop was tiring. Looking forward to the next one!
    jmetteer likes this.
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Nice, you were four minutes behind us, we were on minute 9:12. That was about as good as it gets for trail conditions, epic day. I used to race Matt back in the day in the B class, he has continued the racing and is doing very well. I just trail ride 95% of the time. That steep section on the long course was my favorite section of the day, Matt caught us at the top and reminded me there was no check points from mile 51-55.

I got a picture of Matt at about mile 54...

[IMG]

Later,
  10. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    Pic of my sheared off footrest and Matt's handy work on my rear brake. The footrest was swinging under the engine still connected to my brake snake. I was dubious that my foot would actually stay on it, but it ended up working quite well. I may just leave it like this.

20160501_184355.jpg 20160501_200426.jpg
    jmetteer, johnnyboy and juicypips like this.
  11. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice video! Conditions looked pristine! Won't have to worry about heat at this one....looking like cloudy with rain....there is even a chance of FLURRIES....I'll do my best to just get in a zone and keep a consistent pace. Thanks for the tips!
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I figure if I keep the pace I was riding last weekend....and turn it up in the stages....should do ok first round out ;) a short vid from weekend chasing a ktm 300

juicypips and Brian Scott like this.
  13. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    MINI PINE ENDURO 2016 - Well, turned out to be a pretty amazing experience. Placed 8th out of 30 showing in the Vet C class. First 35 km kicked my A**....rain, snow and hail presented some strange conditions but forest was predominantly sand and super loamy dirt so it was actually pristine! So....my Brand Spankin' new FMF TC2 turned some eybrows at sound check but happy they let me go anyways. Certainly noted some increased power and the ability of this little 144 to chug in low rpm on technical climbs is nothing short of impressive. Good to meet you out there CHEF!!

Little vid of some of Special Stage 3....I believe...

14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well done. Looks like the 144 put the fear in those guys and opened the door for ya.
    ripnriding and NCSteve like this.
  15. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    ripnriding likes this.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That dirt looked sweeeet!
  17. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bigger tank would definitely be needed...that looks like a good deal? Is this one you are selling? I was pretty happy they had two gas stops as I think I was close to draining the little 5L tank after the first 40 k and the next 35 k stop was planned by this event juuust right.
  18. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    That listing is for Quadexpert, in Ottawa. Found it while looking for something else, thought you might be interested. I already have one
    ripnriding likes this.
  19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Also, a WR tank will bolt on. 2.5 gallons, so 9+ liters, get a WR petcock too, so you have a reserve :cheers:
  20. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks guys. After processing last weekend's enduro event...am looking forward to the 28th where I try my first XC race for comparison. My gut tells me an XC event is going to be more my style. Regardless.....the bigger wr tank needs to happen for sure