1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc First Husky...First Ride

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Mar 21, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Picked up a new 09' CR125 thursday at Bills Cycle in salem (excellent experiece!). Went over the bike before the first ride. A friend recomended adjusting the PV linkage, i have about 1-1.5mm of the slot showing above the adjuster bolt flange. Both of the PV linkage bolts where loose from factory, i took them out with my fingers?? After this i went over the hole bike, no more issues other than one of the lower chain slider bolts had already stripped the threads in the swingarm. I flipped the bar mounts forward and went to the track.

Went out for first practice taking it easy, rolling the turns and just getting a feel for things, everything seemed pretty good. Right side number plate was sticking out at the front lower corner, it was hooking my boot and locking my leg to the bike, scary feeling. Took it off and heated the corner up with a propane catylitic heater and rolled the corner in to blend with the tank shroud.. much better!! Second and third practice i let it rip, CR out corners, out handles, out stops, my 09' KX250F i was riding a month ago. The suspension was better also in the morning, when the track was smooth or semi rough i like the CR ride better. As the day went on i couldnt stop smiling, i love this bike!! Great power!!

I am 5'11" 175 and i have no complaints about the motor, temps where 40*-60* yesterday and maybe 500* elevation. I didnt touch the jetting running 32:1 mobil 1 oil with pump super. Bike ran perfect IMHO. The track deteriorated as the day went on, square edged holes, braking or acceleration bumps on pretty much every square foot on the track, this is where the CR went downhill. The suspesion on my KXF(bone stock) could handle this stuff, not great but tolerable. The husky was downright painfull in this terrain. It bottomed a little easier than it should on the back, but the front seemed stiff maybe?? Hard to tell, but i have some work to do in the suspension department. The saving grace is that the CR handles SO GOOD that i can avoid the bad spots easy, my KX was like a tuna boat on the track compared to this thing. Husky seat is firm, my rear is reminding me of that as i type this. I am a novice 30+ racer, and this bike is perfect for me. Great forum, hope to learn from you guys!! THanks. Ben
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats! I have the 08 Cr125 and love it. It will be a 144 this week. The 09 frame and overall feel to me is better than the 08 so I think once you get the suspension dialed in you are gonna golden. Enjoy your new bike Ben. BTW there are some (lots) of very smart guys on this site that willl help you with your new ride.
  3. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

i bought the 144 kit already, its in the mail, not sure i need it though!! I am going to a big race in california in may at Honey Lake MX, has some monster hills and i am racing age class agains 450's so i might 144 it before then but not sure. Does you 08' run the tmxx carb John?